To file a public records disclosure request with the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife provide a detailed description of the requested records or information (subject, dates, location, etc.) to:
Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife Public Records Officer
Mail: WDFW Public Records Officer, PO Box 43200, Olympia, WA 98504-3200
The Public Records Request Form may be used but it is not required. If you choose to use the form, please download it in either PDF or Microsoft Word format to your computer, fill in the requested information and send it as described above. Please note that your public records request is public information and it will be provided to the public for review.
Public Records Request Form: PDF | MS Word
Note: Adobe Reader does not save data entered in a PDF form.
The department cannot release lists of individuals for commercial purposes [See RCW 42.56.070 (9)]. If requesting a list of individuals, please use the WDFW Records Request Form. Read and sign the statement verifying that the list will not be used for commercial purposes.
Copy fees may be charged.
- Photocopying a paper record - $0.15 per page
- Scanning a paper record into an electronic record - $0.10 per page
- Electronic data (i.e. audiotapes, videotapes, compact discs) - Actual cost of reproducing the record.
Records may be reviewed at WDFW offices at no cost.
Once a public records request is received WDFW staff will review the request and respond within five business days to let you know:
- If additional time is required to fulfill your request.
- If the records are available.
- If any of the records will be withheld for legal reasons.
- If copy charges will apply and, if so, the estimated amount.
For questions related to public records, contact the WDFW Public Records Officer by telephone at 360-902-9855 or by e-mail at PublicDisclosureRequest@dfw.wa.gov