Download PDF version
WASHINGTON FISH AND WILDLIFE
COMMISSION MEETING via CONFERENCE CALL
Friday, May 4, 2012
|Miranda Wecker, Chair
Gary Douvia, Vice Chair
|Phil Anderson, Director
Joe Stohr, Deputy Director
Chief Bruce Bjork
FRIDAY, May 4, 2012
Chair Wecker called the meeting to order at 8:32 a.m.
A. Minutes for Approval - Decision:
The Commission considered approval of the following meeting minutes:
- April 6, 2012 conference call
- April 13-14, 2012 meeting
Commissioner Carpenter moved, seconded by Commissioner Smith to approve the minutes from April 6 & April 13-14, 2012 as presented. The motion carried unanimously.
B. Round 2 Technical WAC Rule Repeals – Briefing:
Joanna Eide, Administrative Regulations Analyst, Enforcement Program, provided the Commission with an overview of the technical expedited rule-making proposal that was filed as part of the WAC overhaul project.
C. General Discussion:
Commissioners and the Director discussed recent activities and items of interest.
ADA Committee Selection – decision will be made at May 18, 2012 conference call. Second position still open. Chair Wecker requested Dolores Noyés presence at an upcoming meeting.
Commission Committee Reports
- Fish Committee:
- Thank you to Jim Scott and staff for modeling presentation.
- Presentation on Red and Green Urchin – Robert Sizemore did an outstanding job. Recommend full Commission presentation.
- Six month agenda
- Fishing report, Columbia River
- Baker River sockeye
- Marine area 4b
- Puget Sound shrimp review
- Coastal white sturgeon
- Upper Columbia River chinook
- Lake Roosevelt
- May 31, 2012 work session
- 2-pole implementation
- Walleye proposal
- Tribal action
- Circle hooks
- Tagging rock fish
- Director Anderson
- Regional visits
- Annual awards ceremony – May 15, 2012
- Governor signed Senate bill 6406, HPA legislation
- Spring Chinook fishery
- US/Canada albacore treaty
- Colville Confederated Tribes letter
- Wenas Wildlife Area – target shooting issues
- Razor clam fishery increase
- Caught in the Act – update
- Great lowland lake opener
- Conservation Northwest workshop video to be viewed at a future meeting
Chair Wecker adjourned the meeting at 9:28 am.