600 Capitol Way N.
Olympia, WA 98501-1091
Bradley Smith, Ph.D., Chair
Larry Carpenter, Vice Chair
Download PDF version
FISH AND WILDLIFE COMMISSION SPECIAL* MEETING
October 2-3, 2013
Tulalip Casino – 10200 Quil Ceda Blvd, Tulalip WA 98271
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2013
Leadership from the Puget Sound and Coastal Tribes will meet for dinner with members of the Fish and Wildlife Commission and WDFW leadership.
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2013
|8:30 A.M. - 3:00 P.M.
||Co-Management Meeting – Orca 1 Meeting Room|
Fish and Wildlife Commissioners and WDFW staff will meet with Tribal representatives from Puget Sound and the Washington coast to discuss a variety of resource management issues.
* The meetings above will be open to the public; however no public input will be accepted. Meeting minutes will be available on the website following the meeting.
FISH AND WILDLIFE COMMISSION MEETING
October 4-5, 2013
Natural Resources Building - 1111 Washington St SE, Olympia, WA 98501
First Floor, Room 172
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 4, 2013
||1. Call to Order
- Commissioners’ Discussion
- Meeting Minute Approval
||2. Open Public Input|
The Commission is a direct link between citizens of Washington and the Department of Fish and Wildlife. Comments on Department programs and topics of concern are welcome during this portion of the meeting.
NOTE: During this portion of the meeting, the public is encouraged to comment on issues that do not already have public input time on the agenda.
||3. Director’s Report
The Director will brief the Commission on various items, including:
- Legislation/Budget Update
||4. HPA Rules – Briefing
Department staff will brief the Commission on the purpose, scope
and timeline for updating the hydraulic code rules.
- Summary - PDF format (164 KB)
- Presentation - PDF format (1.30 MB)
Randi Thurston, Protection Division Manager, Habitat Program
||5. Proposed Land Transaction – Decision
The Commission will consider approval of various land transactions recommended by the Department for the protection of critical fish and wildlife habitat and enhancement of public recreation opportunities.
- Proposed Acquisition of 20.52 acres in Whatcom County
- Proposed Acquisition of 1,254.77 acres in Asotin County
- Summary - PDF format (1.53 MB)
- Presentation - PDF format (4.25 MB)
Staff Report: Dan Budd, Real Estate Section Manager, Wildlife Program
PUBLIC INPUT (This item only)
||6. Technical WAC Amendments and Repeal, Round 6 – Structural Improvements and Updates - Briefing and Public Hearing
Department staff will brief the Commission and hold a public hearing on proposed updates, technical changes, and structural improvements to rules in conjunction with the WAC Overhaul project.
Staff Report: Joanna Eide, Administrative Regulations Analyst, Enforcement Program
- Summary - PDF format (4.1 MB)
PUBLIC INPUT (This item only)
7. Wolf Management Summer 2013 Update – Briefing
Department staff will update the commission on wolf management activities that occurred in the state this summer.
- Summary - PDF format (15 KB)
- Presentation - PDF format (12.33 MB)
Staff Report: Donny Martorello, Ph.D., Carnivore Section Manager and Stephanie Simek, Wildlife Conflicts Section Manager, Wildlife Program
|8. Wildlife Interaction Rules – Decision
The Commission will consider approval of the proposed rule amendments to Wildlife Interaction Rules.
WAC 232-36-030 Definitions
- WAC 232-36-040 Wildlife/human interaction and conflict resolution for private property damage
- WAC 232-36-051 Killing wildlife causing private property damage
- WAC 232-36-060 Director or his/her designee is empowered to grant wildlife control operator certifications
- WAC 232-36-110 Application for cash compensation for commercial crop damage—Procedure
- WAC 232-36-200 Payment for commercial livestock damage or other domestic animals—Limitations
- WAC 232-36-210 Application for cash compensation for livestock damage or other domestic animal—Procedure
- WAC 232-36-400 Commercial crop or livestock damage claim‑-Dispute resolution
- WAC 232-36-052 Killing wolves attacking domestic animals
- Summary - PDF format (272 KB)
- Presentation - PDF format (911 KB)
Staff Report: Dave Ware, Game Division Manager, Wildlife Program
|9. Miscellaneous and Meeting Debrief
The Commission will discuss items that arise immediately before or during the meeting and after the preliminary agenda is published.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2013 - MEETING CANCELED
Contact the Fish and Wildlife Commission Office for
Phone (360) 902-2267