For more information on fishing, visit the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife’s Go fishing website. WDFW’s Fishing/Shellfishing website also offers information on statewide fishing prospects, the latest fishing news, trout stocking plans throughout the state, fishing reports, tips and fact sheets, regulation changes and links to other fishing-related sites.
For sportfishing regulations, seasons, limits and licenses see WDFW’s annual Fishing in Washington sportfishing rules pamphlet. This publication is updated annually and available online and at WDFW offices and license dealers throughout the state around May 1 of each year.
Here are some other sites to visit:
C.A.S.T. for kids
Gifford Pinchot National Forest
Kids Fishing in Washington
Take me Fishing
WDFW regional offices also offer information, especially concerning local fishing opportunities. Department offices are open during regular business hours and include:
- Spokane: 2315 North Discovery Place, Spokane Valley, 509-892-1001
- Ephrata: 1550 Alder Street NW (509) 754-4624
- Yakima: 1701 S 24th Avenue (509) 575-2740
- Vancouver: 2108 Grand Boulevard (360) 696-6211
- Montesano: 48 Devonshire Road (360) 249-4628
- Mill Creek: 16018 Mill Creek Boulevard (425) 775-1311
The local library can also be an excellent resource. Many libraries also have magazines available, including outdoor magazines with lots of fishing articles and information.