- Why do I not see all of my transport tags listed when trying to submit my hunter reports?
The most likely reasons: You bought a hunting package, but did not pick up your transport tag. You have more than one WILD ID number in the system and you purchased your transport tags under a second number. For help, contact WDFW Licensing: Online at email@example.com Call (360) 902-24 ...
- My Special Permit hunt extends beyond the January 31 deadline. When do I need to submit that hunter report?
You must report that extended hunt within 10 days of the close of that season. However, you need to submit reports for all your other hunts by the deadline date.
- Do I need to report my Migratory Bird harvest?
Yes. You must report even if you did not hunt. You must report Band-tailed Pigeon, Brant, Sea Duck, and Snow Goose harvest cards by deadline dates in one of two ways: 1. Online at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wa/migratorybird 2. Mailed to: WDFW Waterf ...
- If I did not hunt, do I need to submit a hunter report?
Yes. You must submit a hunter report even if you did not hunt. Failing to report by the deadline date will result in a hunter report fee.
- How do I challenge the hunter report fee?
Contact WDFW Licensing: 1. Online at firstname.lastname@example.org 2. Call (360) 902-2464
- If I hunt in a deer or elk area, what location do I submit for my hunter report?
You would report the Game Management Unit (GMU) number that the deer or elk area is located. Use the GoHunt mapping tool to help figure out the GMU. If you need more help, contact the Wildlife Program: 1. Online at email@example.com 2. Call (360) 902-2515
- Why does the hunter report system not have a spot to submit my cougar report?
Cougar reporting differs from other Big Game Hunter Reports. You must contact a WDFW Office within 72 hours of killing a cougar to schedule a hide sealing appointment. If you did not harvest a cougar, you do not need to provide a cougar report.
- Why did the system not find my record when I tried to report?
The most common error occurs from a mistake entering your information when you bought your license. If you find a mistake, submit your hunter report by logging in with the incorrect information on your license. When you finish your report, contact WDFW Licensing to fix your profile. If you do n ...
- How do I submit my hunter report if my Special Permit hunt dates overlap the general season?
Do NOT double report your hunting activity or harvest. For example, your Deer Special Permit overlaps the general season dates for the same Game Management Unit (GMU). You only hunt deer in that GMU during those dates. You end up harvesting a deer. In this case, report all your hunting activity ...
- Can I submit my hunter report after the deadline?
No. You cannot report after the deadline. However, a random report survey might contact you after the deadline. That report will help compile data, but you are still assessed a fee for failing to report on time.
- How can I check my hunter reports?
Each successful report creates a confirmation number. Save this number and treat it like a receipt. If you did not get a confirmation number, try to report again. Check hunter reports at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wa/Hunterreport. If successful, you will see the report listed under the 'report ...
- Why do I have multiple hunter reports due for some species?
You must report on each Special Permit and each additional tag purchased. This results in multiple reports for certain species. For example, you drew both a Quality Deer and Second Deer Special Permit. In this case, you would owe three deer hunter reports: 1. General season 2. Quality ...
- If I made a mistake with my hunter report, how can I fix it?
Before the deadline date, contact the Wildlife Program: 1. Online at firstname.lastname@example.org 2. Call (360) 902-2515
- How can I submit my Big Game or Turkey hunter reports?
Submit Big Game or Turkey hunter reports in one of two ways: 1. Online at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wa/Hunterreport 2. Call 1-877-945-3492 Do NOT mail or email your hunter reports. Do NOT send in your transport tags. You need to submit a hunter report even if you did not hunt.
- Why did I receive a notice from WDFW to complete my hunter reports when I already completed all my reports?
The three most likely reasons: 1. You completed your report after we created the notice. 2. Your report did not go through. 3. Another hunter uses the same email address. You can verify or submit hunter reports at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wdfw/licenses_hunter_report.html. If you st ...
- If I paid the hunter report fee would I still need to submit a report?
No. You cannot report after the deadline date.
- Why impose a fee for failure to report?
The fee encourages hunter reporting. Hunter reports allow the Wildlife Program to receive harvest data. This data helps manage game species better, which in turn allows more chances to hunt.
- Why do I need to submit a hunter report?
Hunter reports allow the Wildlife Program to receive harvest data. This data helps manage game species better, which in turn allows more chances to hunt.
- Can I mail or email my Big Game hunter reports?
No. You must submit Big Game hunter reports in one of two ways: 1. Online at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wa/Hunterreport 2. Call 1-877-945-3492