- How do I find out how many special permit points I have?
You can find out your full list of special permit points by sending an email request to the Wildlife Program at email@example.com. Please provide your name and Wild ID with your request.
- How can I find out special permit drawing results?
You can find special permit drawing results at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wa/specialhuntlookup.
- How can I buy and submit special permit applications?
You can buy special permit appications online at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wdfw/special_permits.html, at any license vender, or by calling 1-866-246-9453. You can submit the applications online at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wdfw/special_permits.html or by calling 1-877-945-3492.
- When will special permit applications go on sale?
You can find sales dates at our Important Hunting Information Dates page at http://wdfw.wa.gov/hunting/regulations/important_hunting_dates.html. Special permit applications are typically on sale from mid-April to mid-May.
- Where can I find the deadlines for submitting special permit applications?
You can find deadline dates on the Important Hunting Information page at http://wdfw.wa.gov/hunting/regulations/important_hunting_dates.html or in the latest Washington Hunting Seasons and Regulations pamphlet at http://wdfw.wa.gov/hunting/regulations/. The deadline for submitting is typically ...
- When will the special permit drawing take place?
The special permit drawing takes place in mid-June. The results are made available for viewing at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wa/specialhuntlookup by the end of June.
- When can I check special permit drawing results?
Special permit drawing results are made available online by the end of June for deer, elk, mountain goat, bighorn sheep, moose, and turkey. Results for spring bear are available in mid-March. You can check the results at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wa/specialhuntlookup. WDFW mails permits to wi ...
- Can I apply for a special permit in the same license year I get a hunter education deferral?
You cannot apply for most special permits in the same license year. You would be allowed to apply for mountain goat, bighorn sheep, or moose special permits. However, you can only apply for these if submitting Points Option and before you get a hunter education deferral. You can also apply fo ...
- I bought an eastern Washington archery elk license and applied for an elk special permit. Since I was not drawn, can I change from archery to muzzleloader or from eastern to western Washington?
You cannot switch your elk or deer tag after the special permit submission deadline date if you submitted hunt choices for a special permit. You cannot switch from eastern to western (or western to eastern) once the special permit submission deadline has passed. You can only exchange your tag i ...
- Can I get a new tag if I harvest an animal with hoof disease?
Since all evidence to date indicates that the meat of elk with hoof disease is not affected by the condition, WDFW will not provide replacement tags.
- Do I increase my odds if I apply for a special permit with a group instead of on my own?
Special permit group applications average category points for all group members. Group members with fewer points benefit, increasing their odds from the higher group average, while group members with a higher point total may be negatively impacted. For example, say you have a group of three su ...
- If I apply with a group, how many points does our group application enter with for the special permit drawing?
Group applications average the category points for all group members. For example, say you have a group of three submit a Quality Elk special permit. You have three Quality Elk points, a second member has five points, and the third member has four points. In this case, your application enters t ...
- How do I update my contact information?
You can update your mailing address, phone number, or email in one of three ways: 1. Online at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wa/license 2. At a License Vendor 3. Over the phone by calling WDFW Licensing at (360) 902-2464
- How can I build special permit points if I cannot hunt this year?
If you cannot hunt this year, use the Points Option hunt choice to build your special permit points. You cannot draw a permit when you submit Points Option. Instead, you earn one point for each category to improve your chance in future drawings. Check the Special Permit Application Instructions ...
- What happened to my special permit points when the system changed in 2010?
You did not lose your points. The new system applied your points to each new category. For example, if you had three deer points before the change, the new system applied three points to each new deer category.
- If my group's hunt choice has fewer permits left to award than the size of my group, what happens?
Your group would not draw that hunt. If one member cannot get the permit, then no one in the group will. If your group submitted more than one hunt choice, the system will consider those other choices. If your group does not draw a permit, each group member earns a point in that category for fu ...
- How do I build up special permit points?
You build up special permit points by buying applications each year. You earn one point for each special permit application you buy. You can buy one application for each category each year. For example, if you buy a Quality Deer, Buck Deer, and Antlerless Deer special permit, you earn one point ...
- What is the value of building special permit points?
Building special permit points gives applicants a better chance in the random drawings. Each special permit category has a separate drawing. The special permit drawing system is similar to pulling tickets out of a barrel. Building points gives an applicant more tickets. The system also squares ...
- How does the special permit drawing work? I heard you square points. Does that improve my drawing odds?
Each special permit category has a separate random drawing. Building special permit points gives applicants a better chance in these drawings. The special permit drawing system is similar to pulling tickets out of a barrel. Building points gives an applicant more tickets. The system also square ...
- I drew a special permit, but I misplaced or never received the special permit card. Do I need to get a replacement card?
You can get a replacement special permit card from any license vendor. You can find a list of license vendors on the WDFW website at http://wdfw.wa.gov/licensing/vendors/. You need to have your special permit card with you during your special permit hunt. If you need additional assistance, you ...