- How can I find out Special Permit drawing results?
You can check results at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wa/specialhuntlookup.
- When will Special Permit applications go on sale?
You can find sales dates at our Important Hunting Information Dates page.
- Where can I find the deadlines for submitting Special Permit applications?
You can find deadline dates at our Important Hunting Information Dates page. You can also find deadline dates in the Big Game Hunting pamphlet.
- How do I find out how many Special Permit points I have?
You can find out your full list of Special Permit points in two ways: 1. Contact email@example.com 2. Call (360) 902-2515 Please provide your name and WILD ID# for email requests.
- When will the Special Permit drawing take place?
The results of the random, computerized Special Permit drawing will take place mid-June and the results will be available for viewing at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wa/specialhuntlookup by the end of June.
- When can I check Special Permit drawing results?
You can check Special Permit drawing results online by the end of June for deer, elk, mountain goat, bighorn sheep, moose and turkey. You can check spring bear results mid-March. Check these results at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wa/specialhuntlookup. We mail permits to drawn applicants around ...
- I bought an eastern Washington archery elk license and applied for an elk Special Permit. Since I was not drawn, can I change from archery to muzzleloader or from eastern to western Washington?
No. You cannot switch your elk or deer tag after the Special Permit submission deadline date if you submitted hunt choices for a Special Permit. You cannot switch from eastern to western (or western to eastern) once the Special Permit submission deadline has passed. You can exchange your tag if ...
- Can I apply for a Special Permit in the same license year I get hunter education deferral?
It depends. You cannot apply for most Special Permits in the same license year. You can apply for mountain goat, bighorn sheep, or moose Special Permits. However, you can only apply for these if submitting Points Option and before you get hunter education deferral. You can also apply for a Mult ...
- Can I get a new tag if I harvest an animal with hoof disease?
No. Since all evidence to date indicates that the meat of elk with hoof disease is not affected by the condition, WDFW will not provide replacement tags.
- Can I transfer my deer Special Permit points to elk?
No. You cannot transfer points from one species to another. You also cannot transfer points from one category to another, even for the same species. For example, you cannot transfer Antlerless Elk points to Quality Elk.
- Can I donate my Special Permit points to another hunter?
No. You cannot donate your points. Not even to family members.
- How will WDFW spend the new revenue from Special Permits?
WDFW will use the new revenue to expand hunter access on private lands. The increase in access will lead to more hunting opportunities.
- How does Special Permit hunt choices work?
Thinking about the order and the amount of hunt choices you select is important. The system starts with your first hunt choice and works down your list. If the system has no permits available for any of your hunt choices, your application earns a point and the system moves on to the next applic ...
- Do I need to buy a hunting license to apply for a Special Permit?
It depends. You must buy the appropriate hunting license to apply for deer, elk, bear or turkey Special Permits. For example, to apply for a deer Special Permit, you must buy a license package that includes deer. To apply for a turkey Special Permit, you must buy a small game license. You do no ...
- Do I need to buy a hunting license if I am submitting Points Option as my Special Permit hunt choice?
It depends. You must buy the appropriate hunting license to apply for deer, elk, bear, or turkey Special Permits. This includes submitting the Points Option hunt choice. You do not need to buy a hunting license to apply for mountain goat, moose, bighorn sheep, Multi-Season Deer, or Multi-Season ...
- If drawn for a Second Deer Special Permit, do I need to harvest my first deer before my Second Deer season begins?
No. You do not need to harvest a deer in the general season or during another deer Special Permit hunt before your Second Deer Special Permit season begins. If you harvest your first deer of the season during the Second Deer Special Permit hunt, you can still hunt an available general season or ...
- When I check my drawing results online, why do I see ‘Points Used’ even though I did not draw a Special Permit?
Sorry if the language on our drawing results page confused you. Points do not go away or go back to zero unless you draw a permit. ‘Points Used’ describes how many points your application entered with for that Special Permit drawing. If you do not draw a permit, your points carry ov ...
- If I apply with a group, how many points does our group application enter the Special Permit drawing?
Group applications average the category points for all group members. For example, your group of 3 submits a Quality Elk Special Permit. You have 2 Quality Elk points, a second member has 5 points, and the third member has 4 points. In this case, your application enters the drawing with 4 point ...
- What happens if I draw more than one Special Permit for the same species in the same license year?
Your points in each drawn Special Permit category will go to zero. You can hunt each Special Permit as well as the available general season. However, you must stop hunting once you reach your bag limit. Drawing more than one Special Permit for the same species does not increase your bag limit ( ...
- Why would I apply with a group if it makes it tougher to draw a Special Permit?
You can benefit from applying for a group Special Permit in several ways. Listed below are a few of the benefits: You have people you hunt with every year. When you apply with a group, you can all draw the permit together. You have points built up in a Special Permit category, but your hunting ...