- How can I buy and submit Special Permit Applications?
You can buy Special Permit appications in three ways: 1. Online at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wdfw/special_permits.html 2. At a License Vendor 3. Call 1-866-246-9453 You can submit in two ways: 1. Online at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wdfw/special_permits.html 2. Call 1-877-945-3492
- How can I find out Special Permit drawing results?
Special permit drawing results can be viewed at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wa/specialhuntlookup.
- How do I find out how many Special Permit points I have?
You can find out your full list of Special Permit points by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your name and WILD ID#.
- When will Special Permit applications go on sale?
You can find sales dates at our Important Hunting Information Dates page.
- Where can I find the deadlines for submitting Special Permit applications?
You can find deadline dates at our Important Hunting Information Dates page. You can also find deadline dates in the Big Game Hunting pamphlet.
- When will the Special Permit drawing take place?
The results of the random, computerized Special Permit drawing will take place mid-June and the results will be available for viewing at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wa/specialhuntlookup by the end of June.
- When can I check Special Permit drawing results?
You can check Special Permit drawing results online by the end of June for deer, elk, mountain goat, bighorn sheep, moose and turkey. You can check spring bear results mid-March. Check these results at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wa/specialhuntlookup. We mail permits to drawn applicants around ...
- I bought an eastern Washington archery elk license and applied for an elk Special Permit. Since I was not drawn, can I change from archery to muzzleloader or from eastern to western Washington?
No. You cannot switch your elk or deer tag after the Special Permit submission deadline date if you submitted hunt choices for a Special Permit. You cannot switch from eastern to western (or western to eastern) once the Special Permit submission deadline has passed. You can exchange your tag if ...
- Can I apply for a Special Permit in the same license year I get hunter education deferral?
It depends. You cannot apply for most Special Permits in the same license year. You can apply for mountain goat, bighorn sheep, or moose Special Permits. However, you can only apply for these if submitting Points Option and before you get hunter education deferral. You can also apply for a Mult ...
- Can I get a new tag if I harvest an animal with hoof disease?
No. Since all evidence to date indicates that the meat of elk with hoof disease is not affected by the condition, WDFW will not provide replacement tags.
- Do I increase my odds if I apply for a Special Permit with a group instead of on my own?
Special Permit group applications average category points for all group members. Group members with fewer points benefit, increasing their odds from the higher group average. You typically have better odds applying on your own for several reasons. Permits need to be available for all group memb ...
- What is the value of building up Special Permit points?
Building up Special Permit points gives you a better chance in these random drawings. Each Special Permit category has a separate drawing. If we compare the drawing to pulling a ticket out of a barrel, building up points gives you more tickets. The system squares your points. That means that a ...
- Do I build up one point for each hunt choice I select on my Special Permit application?
You earn one point for each application you buy. Whether you submit one hunt choice or four hunt choices, you still earn one point. You can buy one application for each category each year. If you draw a permit, your points in that category return to zero.
- Will I lose all my Special Permit points if I do not buy an application this year?
You do not lose your points for not buying or applying each year. Points never expire. Your Special Permit points return to zero when drawn, but only for that category. Your other points remain and carry over. Keep in mind that you only earn points by buying applications each year. You earn one ...
- How do I submit my hunter report if my Special Permit hunt dates overlap the general season?
Do NOT double report your hunting activity or harvest. For example, your Deer Special Permit overlaps the general season dates for the same Game Management Unit (GMU). You only hunt deer in that GMU during those dates. You end up harvesting a deer. In this case, report all your hunting activity ...
- Why can I not buy or submit my Special Permit application?
Before buying a deer, elk, bear or turkey Special Permit application, you must first buy a license and tag for that species. Mountain goat, bighorn sheep, or moose Special Permits work differently. You do not need to buy one of those licenses and tags to submit an application. In fact, none of ...
- How can I check that I submitted my Special Permit application correctly?
Check your application at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wa/specialhuntlookup. Here you can check hunt choices, look up confirmation numbers, and more. If you need help fixing a mistake, contact the WDFW Licensing Division: 1. Online at email@example.com 2. Call (360) 902-2464
- I drew a bighorn sheep, moose or mountain goat Special Permit in the past. Can I still enter the Raffle Permit Hunt or Big Game Permit Auction for that same species?
Yes. You can still enter the Raffle Permit Hunt or Big Game Permit Auction. You can still enter even if you harvested one of these species during your Special Permit hunt. The once-in-a-lifetime restriction for these three species applies to certain Special Permits. For more details on this res ...
- Do I lose all of my Special Permit points for that species when I draw a Special Permit?
You only lose points in the category you drew. Your other points for that species will carry over. For example, you draw an Antlerless Deer Special Permit. You only lose your Antlerless Deer points. Your points in Quality Deer, Buck Deer, or Second Deer carry over for future drawings.
- If I drew a Special Permit last year, can I apply for that same category again?
You can apply for most Special Permits year after year. However, you cannot apply for the Any Moose, Any Ram (bighorn sheep), or Mountain Goat Special Permits year after year if you harvested or failed to provide a hunter report under one of these permits. For mountain goats, you can apply agai ...