- How do I find out how many Special Permit points I have in each category?
At this time, there are two ways to get updated on your Special Permit points: 1) Contact Wildlife Program at firstname.lastname@example.org 2) Call Wildlife Program at (360) 902-2515 Please provide your name and WILD ID# with your email requests.
- How can I look up Special Permit drawing results?
Check your Special Permit drawing results online at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wa/specialhuntlookup. Another option is contacting the Wildlife Program at (360) 902-2515 or email@example.com.
- When is the deadline for submitting a Special Permit application?
Special permit application deadline dates are available at Important Hunting Information Dates. Please plan and allow plenty of time to familiarize yourself with this year’s new hunt choices in the Big Game Hunting Seasons and Regulations pamphlet.
- When will Special Permit applications go on sale?
Special permit application sales dates are available at Important Hunting Information Dates. Please plan and allow plenty of time to familiarize yourself with this year’s new hunt choices in the Big Game Hunting Seasons and Regulations pamphlet.
- When will the Special Permit drawing take place?
The results of the random, computerized Special Permit drawing will take place mid-June and the results will be available for viewing at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wa/specialhuntlookup by the end of June.
- When will I be notified of Special Permit drawing results?
Drawing results will be available online by the end of June for deer, elk, mountain goat, bighorn sheep, moose, and turkey. Notifications will not be sent to all applicants. Instead, permits will be sent by mail to all successful applicants by the middle of July. For spring bear you will receiv ...
- If Iím granted a one-year hunter education deferral, can I apply for a Special Permit that same license year?
It depends. You cannot apply for most Special Permits, but you can apply for mountain goat, bighorn sheep, or moose Special Permits during open application periods, but only if submitting Points Option and only prior to being granted a one-year hunter education deferral. You can also apply for ...
- I bought an eastern Washington archery elk license and tag. If I apply for an elk Special Permit but Iím not drawn, can I change to a muzzleloader tag? How about switching to western Washington?
No. If you apply for a Special Permit and submitted hunt choices, then you are not able to switch your weapon type or change from eastern to western (or western to eastern) once the Special Permit submission deadline has passed. You are able to exchange your tag if you make the request before ...
- Can I get a new tag if I harvest an animal with hoof disease?
No. Since all evidence to date indicates that the meat of elk with hoof disease is not affected by the condition, WDFW will not provide replacement tags.
- How can I benefit from a Multiple Season permit?
If you’re a deer or elk hunter who enjoys hunting with multiple weapons, then the Multiple Season Permit would be a great fit. With your Multiple Season deer or elk tag you can hunt each general season opportunity you are eligible for (not everyone is eligible for Disabled, Youth, 65 and ...
- If I was drawn for a Special Permit and those hunt dates overlap the general season, how should I submit my hunter report?
You should not double report your hunting activity or harvest. For example, let’s say you were drawn for an Antlerless Deer Special Permit and that hunting period overlaps your available deer general season which requires you to harvest Any Buck. You hunt deer for only that period of time ...
- Can I purchase a 2nd Deer Tag and use it for the general deer season to harvest a second deer?
No. The 2nd Deer Tag can only be used for a Second Deer Special Permit hunt. If drawn, make sure to use the correct tag when hunting either your general season or your Second Deer Special Permit opportunity. If you are not drawn for a Second Deer Special Permit, your bag limit is one deer durin ...
- I was drawn for a Special Permit, but I misplaced or never received the Special Permit card. Do I need to get a replacement card?
Yes. You need to have that card with you during your Special Permit hunt. A replacement card is available from a License Vendor. Another option is to contact the Licensing Division at firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 902-2464.
- Why can't I purchase or submit my Special Permit application?
Prior to purchasing any deer, elk, bear, or turkey Special Permit application, you must first purchase the appropriate general season hunting license and tag. Mountain goat, bighorn sheep, or moose Special Permit applications do not require the purchase of a hunting license and tag unless you a ...
- If I purchase a Special Permit application online or over the phone, do I have to wait until I receive something in the mail before I can submit my hunt choices?
No. You will not receive anything in the mail to submit so you don’t have to wait. Special Permit applications can be submitted immediately after purchasing them. There are two ways to submit your Special Permit applications: 1) Online at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wdfw/special_permits.h ...
- How do I build up Special Permit points?
You build up Special Permit points by purchasing applications each year. You earn one point for each Special Permit category application you purchase each year. For example, you can purchase a Quality Deer, Buck Deer, Antlerless Deer, and Second Deer Special Permit all in the same year, earning ...
- Do I need to purchase a mountain goat, bighorn sheep, or moose hunting license and tag prior to purchasing a Special Permit application for any of these three species?
No. You can wait to purchase a mountain goat, bighorn sheep, or moose license and tag after you find out if you were drawn for one of these Special Permits. If drawn for one these Special Permits, you must purchase the appropriate hunting license by the deadline established by the Department. Y ...
- If my group is drawn for a Special Permit, which group members lose their points?
All group members, including the group leader, would lose their points (resets to zero) in that Special Permit category.
- Can I submit Special Permit applications as both an individual and with a group in the same license year? How about on the same application?
You can apply as both an individual and with a group within the same license year, but not on the same Special Permit application. For each Special Permit application you need to commit to applying as either a group or as an individual. Please keep in mind that you can only apply for each Speci ...
- Can I still hunt if Iím not drawn for a Special Permit?
The answer is both yes and no. For deer, elk, bear, and turkey you can hunt the available general seasons regardless if you are drawn for a Special Permit for that species. To hunt mountain goat, moose, or bighorn sheep you must draw a Special Permit, a Raffle Permit Hunt, or win a Big Game Au ...