- How do I find out how many Special Permit points I have?
You can find out your full list of Special Permit points by sending an email request to the Wildlife Program at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your name and Wild ID with your request.
- How can I find out Special Permit drawing results?
Special permit drawing results can be viewed at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wa/specialhuntlookup.
- How can I buy and submit Special Permit Applications?
You can buy Special Permit appications in three ways: 1. Online at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wdfw/special_permits.html 2. At a License Vendor 3. Call 1-866-246-9453 You can submit in two ways: 1. Online at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wdfw/special_permits.html 2. Call 1-877-945-3492
- When will Special Permit applications go on sale?
You can find sales dates at our Important Hunting Information Dates page.
- Where can I find the deadlines for submitting Special Permit applications?
You can find deadline dates at our Important Hunting Information Dates page. You can also find deadline dates in the Big Game Hunting pamphlet.
- When will the Special Permit drawing take place?
The results of the random, computerized Special Permit drawing will take place mid-June and the results will be available for viewing at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wa/specialhuntlookup by the end of June.
- When can I check Special Permit drawing results?
You can check Special Permit drawing results online by the end of June for deer, elk, mountain goat, bighorn sheep, moose and turkey. You can check spring bear results mid-March. Check these results at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wa/specialhuntlookup. We mail permits to drawn applicants around ...
- I bought an eastern Washington archery elk license and applied for an elk Special Permit. Since I was not drawn, can I change from archery to muzzleloader or from eastern to western Washington?
No. You cannot switch your elk or deer tag after the Special Permit submission deadline date if you submitted hunt choices for a Special Permit. You cannot switch from eastern to western (or western to eastern) once the Special Permit submission deadline has passed. You can exchange your tag if ...
- Can I apply for a Special Permit in the same license year I get hunter education deferral?
It depends. You cannot apply for most Special Permits in the same license year. You can apply for mountain goat, bighorn sheep, or moose Special Permits. However, you can only apply for these if submitting Points Option and before you get hunter education deferral. You can also apply for a Mult ...
- Can I get a new tag if I harvest an animal with hoof disease?
No. Since all evidence to date indicates that the meat of elk with hoof disease is not affected by the condition, WDFW will not provide replacement tags.
- How do I submit my hunter report if my special permit hunt dates overlap the general season?
Please do not double report your hunting activity. You want to report your harvest only under the correct category. For example, if your deer special permit overlaps the general season dates for the same Game Management Unit (GMU), you will have opportunity to harvest under either category, you ...
- Can I buy a second deer tag and use it for the general season to harvest a second deer?
A second deer tag is only available through a second deer special permit hunt. You will first have to enter into a second deer special permit drawing. If selected for a second deer special permit, you will be able to purchase a second deer tag and harvest a second deer. Second deer tags are not ...
- How do I update my contact information?
You can update your mailing address, phone number, or email in one of three ways: 1. Online at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wa/license 2. At a License Vendor 3. Over the phone by calling WDFW Licensing at (360) 902-2464
- If I want to submit a bighorn sheep, mountain goat, or moose Special Permit, do I need to buy a hunting license and tag first?
You can wait to purchase a bighorn sheep, mountain goat, or moose license and tag until you are drawn for a Special Permit. You can submit a Special Permit application for any of these three species without purchasing a general season license and tag. If drawn for one of these Special Permits, ...
- How do Special Permit hunt choices work?
Thinking about the order and the amount of hunt choices you select is important. The system starts with your first hunt choice and works down your list. If the system has no permits available for any of your hunt choices, your application earns a point and the system moves on to the next applic ...
- Is there a maximum number of Special Permit points a person can hold in any category?
There is no maximum number of Special Permit points a person can hold in any category. Points will continue to build until the application for that category is drawn, in which case the points will go back to zero. You earn one point for each Special Permit application you buy. You can purchase o ...
- Do I increase my odds if I apply for a Special Permit with a group instead of on my own?
Special Permit group applications average category points for all group members. Group members with fewer points benefit, increasing their odds from the higher group average. You typically have better odds applying on your own for several reasons. Permits need to be available for all group memb ...
- What is the value of building up Special Permit points?
Building up Special Permit points gives you a better chance in these random drawings. Each Special Permit category has a separate drawing. If we compare the drawing to pulling a ticket out of a barrel, building up points gives you more tickets. The system squares your points. That means that a ...
- Do I build up one point for each hunt choice I select on my Special Permit application?
You earn one point for each application you buy. Whether you submit one hunt choice or four hunt choices, you still earn one point. You can buy one application for each category each year. If you draw a permit, your points in that category return to zero.
- Will I lose all my Special Permit points if I do not buy an application this year?
You do not lose your points for not buying or applying each year. Points never expire. Your Special Permit points return to zero when drawn, but only for that category. Your other points remain and carry over. Keep in mind that you only earn points by buying applications each year. You earn one ...