- Can I get a refund if I drew a Special Permit and three days into the season I become very dissatisfied for whatever reason? Can I get my Special Permit points back?
No. You cannot get a refund or get your Special Permit points back for this reason. For more help on refunds, contact the WDFW Licensing Division: 1. Online at firstname.lastname@example.org 2. Call (360) 902-2464 For more help on Special Permit points, contact the WDFW Wildlife Program: ...
- If I drew a Special Permit last year, can I apply for that same category again?
It depends. You can apply for most Special Permits year after year. However, you cannot apply for the Any Moose, Any Ram (bighorn sheep), or Mountain Goat Special Permits year after year if you harvested or failed to provide a hunter report under one of these permits. For mountain goats, you ca ...
- Do I lose all of my Special Permit points for that species when I draw a Special Permit?
No. You only lose points in the category you drew. Your other points for that species will carry over. For example, you draw an Antlerless Deer Special Permit. You only lose your Antlerless Deer points. Your points in Quality Deer, Buck Deer or Second Deer carry over for future drawings.
- How do I apply as the group leader for a Special Permit group application? How do I apply as a group member?
To apply as the group leader, you need to apply before any of your group members. Enter your hunt choices and then submit your application. You can also create an optional pass code to help make sure the right people join your group. You need to provide your WILD ID number to all your group mem ...
- How can I benefit from a Multiple Season tag?
With a Multiple Season tag, you benefit from more chances to hunt with a wider variety of legal weapons. You can hunt any open unit during all three general seasons. For elk hunters, this includes both western and eastern Washington general seasons. Without a Multiple Season tag, elk hunters wo ...
- I drew more than one Special Permit and decided not to use one of them. Can I return it and have my points restored?
No, but you can get points restored for certain situations such as a medical issue. Please contact the Wildlife Program to find out if you qualify for Special Permit point restoration: 1. Online at email@example.com 2. Call (360) 902-2515
- I drew a bighorn sheep, moose or mountain goat Special Permit in the past. Can I still enter the Raffle Permit Hunt or Big Game Permit Auction for that same species?
Yes. You can still enter the Raffle Permit Hunt or Big Game Permit Auction. You can still enter even if you harvested one of these species during your Special Permit hunt. The once-in-a-lifetime restriction for these three species applies to certain Special Permits. For more details on this res ...
- How can I buy and submit Special Permits?
You can buy in three ways: 1. Online at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wdfw/special_permits.html 2. At a License Vendor 3. Call 1-866-246-9453 You can submit in two ways: 1. Online at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wdfw/special_permits.html 2. Call 1-877-945-3492
- How can I check that I submitted my Special Permit application correctly?
Check your application at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wa/specialhuntlookup. Here you can check hunt choices, look up confirmation numbers and more. If you need help fixing a mistake, contact the WDFW Licensing Division: 1. Online at firstname.lastname@example.org 2. Call (360) 902-2464
- Can I hunt big game or turkey if I do not draw a Special Permit?
It depends. You can hunt deer, elk, bear, cougar or turkey without drawing a Special Permit. You can hunt the general season for any of these species by buying a general season license. However, hunting mountain goat, moose or bighorn sheep is different. These three species have no general seas ...
- Can I apply for both a group and individual Special Permit in the same license year? Can I do that on the same application?
You can apply with a group and on your own in the same license year, but not on the same application. For example, you can apply for Quality Deer with a group and apply for Buck Deer on your own in the same year. Keep in mind that you can only apply for each Special Permit category once per lic ...
- If my group draws a Special Permit, which group members lose their points?
All group members would lose their points in that Special Permit category. This includes the group leader.
- Can I transfer Special Permit points to a different category?
No. For example, you cannot transfer your points in Youth Deer to Quality Deer.
- Why does WDFW award Special Permits?
Two of the main reasons: 1. Control a species' population size 2. Provide special recreational opportunities
- I bought a Special Permit application. Do I need to wait until I receive something in the mail before I can submit my hunt choices?
No. You do not have to wait. You will not receive any mail for buying an application. You can submit your application right after you buy it. You can submit Special Permit applications in two ways: 1. Online at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wdfw/special_permits.html 2. Call 1-877-94 ...
- Why can I not buy or submit my Special Permit application?
Before buying a deer, elk, bear or turkey Special Permit application, you must first buy a license and tag for that species. Mountain goat, bighorn sheep or moose Special Permits work differently. You do not need to buy one of those licenses and tags to submit an application. In fact, none of t ...
- I drew a Special Permit, but I misplaced or never received the Special Permit card. Do I need to get a replacement card?
Yes. You need to have that card with you during your Special Permit hunt. A replacement card is available from a License Vendor. You can also contact the Licensing Division for help: 1. Online at email@example.com 2. Call (360) 902-2464
- How do I submit my hunter report if my Special Permit hunt dates overlap the general season?
Do NOT double report your hunting activity or harvest. For example, your Deer Special Permit overlaps the general season dates for the same Game Management Unit (GMU). You only hunt deer in that GMU during those dates. You end up harvesting a deer. In this case, report all your hunting activity ...
- How does the Special Permit drawing work? I heard you square points. Does that improve my drawing odds?
Each Special Permit category has a separate random drawing. Building up your Special Permit points gives you a better chance in these drawings. If we compare the drawing to pulling a ticket out of a barrel, building up points gives you more tickets. The system squares your points. That means th ...
- How do I build up Special Permit points?
You build up Special Permit points by buying applications each year. You earn one point for each Special Permit application you buy. You can buy one application for each category each year. For example, if you buy a Quality Deer, Buck Deer, and Antlerless Deer Special Permit next year, you earn ...