Welcome to the WDFW Online Help Center. To find what you're after, use the search box below or choose a category to view listed questions.
View Questions by Category
Category » Special Hunt Permits
(Page 3 of 3)
There were 50 questions found in this category:
- Will I lose all my Special Permit points if I do not buy an application this year?
No. You do not lose your points for not buying or applying each year. Points never expire. Your Special Permit points return to zero when drawn, but only for that category. Your other points remain and carry over. Keep in mind that you only earn points by buying applications each year. You earn ...
- If my groupís hunt choice has fewer permits left to award than the size of my group, what happens?
Your group would not draw that hunt. If one member cannot get the permit, then no one in the group will. If your group submitted more than one hunt choice, the system will consider those other choices. If your group does not draw a permit, each group member earns a point in that category for fu ...
- Do I build up one point for each hunt choice I select on my Special Permit application?
No. You earn one point for each application you buy. Whether you submit one hunt choice or four hunt choices, you still earn one point. You can buy one application for each category each year. If you draw a permit, your points in that category return to zero.
- What is the value of building up Special Permit points?
Building up Special Permit points gives you a better chance in these random drawings. Each Special Permit category has a separate drawing. If we compare the drawing to pulling a ticket out of a barrel, building up points gives you more tickets. The system squares your points. That means that a ...
- Do I increase my odds if I apply for a Special Permit with a group instead of on my own?
It depends. Special Permit group applications average category points for all group members. Group members with fewer points benefit, increasing their odds from the higher group average. You typically have better odds applying on your own for several reasons. Permits need to be available for al ...
- What happened to my Special Permit points when the system changed in 2010?
You did not lose your points. The new system applied your points to each new category. For example, if you had three deer points before the change, the new system applied three points to each new deer category.
- How can I build Special Permit points if I cannot hunt this year?
If you cannot hunt this year, use the Points Option hunt choice to build your Special Permit points. You cannot draw a permit when you submit Points Option. Instead, you earn one point for each category to improve your chance in future drawings. Check the Special Permit Application Instructions ...
- How do I update my contact information?
You can update your mailing address, phone number or email in one of three ways: 1. Online at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wa/license 2. At a License Vendor 3. Call WDFW Licensing at (360) 902-2464
- If I want to submit a bighorn sheep, mountain goat or moose Special Permit, do I need to buy a hunting license and tag first?
No. You can wait to purchase a bighorn sheep, mountain goat or moose license and tag until you find out if you drew a Special Permit. You can submit a Special Permit application for any of these three species without purchasing a general season license and tag. If drawn for one these Special Pe ...
- Can I purchase a 2nd Deer Tag and use it for the general season to harvest a second deer?
No. You cannot use the 2nd Deer Tag to increase your bag limit for general season hunts. The 2nd Deer Tag is for Second Deer Special Permit hunts. If drawn for a Second Deer Special Permit, you must purchase a 2nd Deer Tag to participate in that hunt.
(Page 3 of 3)