Welcome to the WDFW Online Help Center. To find what you're after, use the search box below or choose a category to view listed questions.
View Questions by Category
Category » Special Hunt Permits
(Page 3 of 3)
There were 50 questions found in this category:
- If my group draws a Special Permit, which group members lose their points?
All group members would lose their points in that Special Permit category. This includes the group leader.
- Can I transfer Special Permit points to a different category?
No. For example, you cannot transfer your points in Youth Deer to Quality Deer.
- Why does WDFW award Special Permits?
Two of the main reasons: 1. Control a species' population size 2. Provide special recreational opportunities
- I bought a Special Permit application. Do I need to wait until I receive something in the mail before I can submit my hunt choices?
No. You do not have to wait. You will not receive any mail for buying an application. You can submit your application right after you buy it. You can submit Special Permit applications in two ways: 1. Online at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wdfw/special_permits.html 2. Call 1-877-94 ...
- I drew a Special Permit, but I misplaced or never received the Special Permit card. Do I need to get a replacement card?
Yes. You need to have that card with you during your Special Permit hunt. A replacement card is available from a License Vendor. You can also contact the Licensing Division for help: 1. Online at firstname.lastname@example.org 2. Call (360) 902-2464
- How does the Special Permit drawing work? I heard you square points. Does that improve my drawing odds?
Each Special Permit category has a separate random drawing. Building up your Special Permit points gives you a better chance in these drawings. If we compare the drawing to pulling a ticket out of a barrel, building up points gives you more tickets. The system squares your points. That means th ...
- How do I build up Special Permit points?
You build up Special Permit points by buying applications each year. You earn one point for each Special Permit application you buy. You can buy one application for each category each year. For example, if you buy a Quality Deer, Buck Deer, and Antlerless Deer Special Permit next year, you earn ...
- If my groupís hunt choice has fewer permits left to award than the size of my group, what happens?
Your group would not draw that hunt. If one member cannot get the permit, then no one in the group will. If your group submitted more than one hunt choice, the system will consider those other choices. If your group does not draw a permit, each group member earns a point in that category for fu ...
- What happened to my Special Permit points when the system changed in 2010?
You did not lose your points. The new system applied your points to each new category. For example, if you had three deer points before the change, the new system applied three points to each new deer category.
- How can I build Special Permit points if I cannot hunt this year?
If you cannot hunt this year, use the Points Option hunt choice to build your Special Permit points. You cannot draw a permit when you submit Points Option. Instead, you earn one point for each category to improve your chance in future drawings. Check the Special Permit Application Instructions ...
(Page 3 of 3)