- When is the deadline and where can I buy a Multiple Season permit application?
For deadline dates, check out our Important Hunting Information Dates. You can buy a Multiple Season application in three ways: 1. Online at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/ 2. From License Vendors 3. Call 1-866-246-9453
- What are the rules for Multiple Season tag holders?
With a Multiple Season deer or elk tag, you can hunt all the eligible general seasons for that species, as long as you are in a Game Management Unit (GMU) that is open during a modern firearm, muzzleloader, or archery general season. For example, you may not hunt during the muzzleloader general ...
- How do I submit my Multiple Season permit application?
If you are applying as an individual, your application is automatically submitted. You only need to submit if you are applying as a group (maximum of two individuals). If you are applying as a group, you can submit in two ways: 1. Online at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wdfw/special_permits.html ...
- How much does the Multiple Season permit application cost?
Find costs at License Fees.
- How much does the Multiple Season tag cost?
Find costs at License Fees.
- If drawn for the Multiple Season permit, do I have to buy the tag?
You do not have to buy it. If you want to buy the tag, you must buy it before the July 31 deadline.
- Does a Multiple Season tag increase my bag limit?
A Multiple Season tag does NOT increase your bag limit. Your bag limit for deer or elk would remain at one.
- If drawn for a Multiple Season permit, can I keep and use my general season deer or elk tag?
If you want to take part in Multiple Season hunts, then you must turn in your general season tag and buy a Multiple Season tag. If you do not want to take part in Multiple Season hunts, then you can keep and use your general season deer or elk tag for that general season hunt. If you still need ...
- If drawn for a Multiple Season permit, can I buy the Multiple Season tag online?
If you bought your general season deer or elk license and picked up your tag, then you cannot complete the purchase online. You can complete the purchase online at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wa/license if: 1. You have not bought your general season license and tag. 2. You bought a general se ...
- Do I need to buy a hunting license if I am submitting Points Option as my Special Permit hunt choice?
You must buy the appropriate hunting license to apply for deer, elk, bear, or turkey Special Permits. This includes submitting the Points Option hunt choice. You do not need to buy a hunting license to apply for mountain goat, moose, bighorn sheep, Multi-Season Deer, or Multi-Season Elk Special ...
- Do I need to buy a hunting license to apply for a Special Permit?
You must buy the appropriate hunting license to apply for deer, elk, bear or turkey Special Permits. For example, to apply for a deer Special Permit, you must buy a license package that includes deer. To apply for a turkey Special Permit, you must buy a small game license. You do not need to bu ...
- Can I apply with a group for a Multi-Season Permit?
Yes. The maximum group size for a Multi-Season Permit group application is two people. If you apply with a group, you must submit your application to be eligible for the drawing. If you do not submit, Points Option will be your hunt choice. You can submit in two ways: 1. Online at htt ...
- How can I benefit from a Multiple Season tag?
With a Multiple Season tag, you benefit from more chances to hunt with a wider variety of legal weapons. You can hunt any open unit during all three general seasons. For elk hunters, this includes both western and eastern Washington general seasons. Without a Multiple Season tag, elk hunters wo ...
- Do I earn points for Multiple Season permits similar to other Special Permits?
Yes. You earn one point for each year you do not draw a permit. Keep in mind that Multiple Season deer and Multiple Season elk are two different categories. Your Special Permit points return to zero when drawn, but only for that category. Points never expire and you do not lose your points for ...
- How many Multiple Season permit applications can I buy?
You can buy one for deer and one for elk each license year.
- Do I need to buy a general season deer or elk license and tag before I can enter the Multiple Season drawing?
No. However, if drawn for a Multiple Season permit, you must buy a general season license and tag for that species to buy your Multiple Season tag.
- How and when do I find out Multiple Season Permit drawing results?
If drawn, the Department will mail you a notice by the end of April. You can also check drawing results at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wa/specialhuntlookup.