Welcome to the WDFW Online Help Center. To find what you're after, use the search box below or choose a category to view listed questions.
View Questions by Category
Category » Licensing Requirements
(Page 2 of 2)
There were 29 questions found in this category:
- If I'm drawn for an Eastern Washington elk special permit and three days into the special permit season, I become very dissatisfied with the lack of big bulls in the area, can I get a refund?
No. Once the scheduled hunting opportunity has begun, no refunds can be obtained.
- If I am 15 years old, but I will turn 16 within the license year, do I buy a youth hunting license or an adult hunting license?
While you are 15, you may purchase a youth license and use it for the entire license year. You will need to buy an adult hunting license and appropriate tags and state migratory bird validation to hunt waterfowl in subsequent years, however. Licenses may be purchased online or at authorized li ...
- Do I need a hunting license if I'm just helping my child or others to hunt?
It depends. If you are only watching or guiding, you do not need a hunting license. However, if you are directly assisting and participating (such as driving game or packing hunting weapons), you will need the appropriate hunting license.
- If my fishing privileges have been suspended or revoked, can I still fish on free fishing weekend?
No. If a person has their fishing license suspended or revoked, it means their privileges to engage in the activity for which they were suspended are also suspended. When your fishing privileges are suspended it means no fishing, even during free fishing weekend.
- If my spouse purchases a Washington hunting license and subsequently dies, can I get a refund?
Yes, but only if your spouse died prior to the opening of the respective hunting season, and only if you go through the WDFW Licensing Division in Olympia and provide a copy of the death certificate.
- If I purchase a Washington hunting license and tag and then become hospitalized or severely injured so that I can no longer participate in the hunting season, can I get a refund?
Yes, but only if you request the refund prior to the opening of the season, and only if you go through the WDFW Licensing Division in Olympia and have documentation from your doctor validating the hospitalization/injury and your inability to hunt.
- If I buy my licenses and tags then I receive the same licenses and tags as a gift, can I get a refund for one of them?
Yes, you can receive a refund by contacting the WDFW Licensing Division in Olympia.
- If I ask a license dealer to sell me an Eastern Washington modern firearm elk tag, but I am erroneously issued an Eastern WA muzzleloading rifle elk tag, can I get a refund from the license dealer?
Yes, you can get a refund from the license dealer but only during the 60 minutes immediately following the license purchase. Otherwise you must contact the WDFW Licensing Division in Olympia at 360-902-2464 for an actual refund.
- If I am an active duty U.S. military member who gets deployed out of the country after I have purchased a Washington hunting license and elk tag, can I get a refund?
Yes, but you must request the refund from the WDFW Licensing Division in Olympia prior to the season opener and have documentation to prove you have been deployed.
(Page 2 of 2)