Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife


View Questions by Category

There are no sub categories

Category » Injured and Orphaned Wildlife rss button

There were 3 questions found in this category:

  1. What should I do with an abandoned baby bird or other animal?
    It is illegal to possess or transport wildlife without a permit from WDFW to do so. Do not take wildlife into your own care. In almost all cases, young wild animals found alone are not abandoned and do not need your help. More often than not, just leaving a young animal alone affords it the bes ...
  2. What do I do if I find injured wildlife?
    Contact a local wildlife rehabilitator. For a list of wildlife rehabilitators by county, see WDFW's Wildlife Rehabilitation website. All native wild birds, mammals, reptiles, and amphibians are protected by Washington State rules (the Washington Administrative Code) and laws (the Revised Code o ...
  3. How can I report wounded wildlife that I observe?
    For wildlife seriously wounded during hunting seasons, contact WDFW WILDCOMM at (360) 902-2936 and ask that your observation be reported to a local Fish and Wildlife Officer. You can also contact your local WDFW Regional Office.