Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife


View Questions by Category

There are no sub categories

Category » Wildlife Found Dead rss button

There were 3 questions found in this category:

  1. Who do I call if I see a dead animal on the road, and the carcass appears to be a danger to traffic?
    If it is a state highway, you will want to contact the Washington State Patrol or Washington Department of Transportation to have the carcass removed. If it is a county or city road, you will want to contact the local county or city public works department.
  2. Who do I call if I find a dead marine mammal on the beach?
    Marine mammals are both federally and state protected. If you need to speak with someone immediately or to report a Marine Mammal Protection Act violation, call the National Marine Fisheries Service (NOAA Fisheries) Enforcement and Stranding Hotline at 1-800-853-1964. To report a stranded or d ...
  3. How can I report dead or dying swans that may have been affected by lead poisoning?
    WDFW has re-established a hotline to report dead or ill swans in Whatcom, Skagit and Snohomish counties in order to monitor lead poisoning. Please call (360) 466-4345, extension 266 to make a report.