Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife


View Questions by Category

There are no sub categories

Category » Wildlife Found Dead rss button

There were 5 questions found in this category:

  1. Who do I call if I see a dead animal on the road, and the carcass appears to be a danger to traffic?
    If it is a state highway, you will want to contact the Washington State Patrol or Washington Department of Transportation to have the carcass removed. If it is a county or city road, you will want to contact the local county or city public works department.
  2. Who do I call if I find a dead marine mammal on the beach?
    Marine mammals are both federally and state protected. If you need to speak with someone immediately or to report a Marine Mammal Protection Act violation, call the National Marine Fisheries Service (NOAA Fisheries) Enforcement and Stranding Hotline at 1-800-853-1964. To report a stranded or d ...
  3. How can I report dead or dying swans that may have been affected by lead poisoning?
    WDFW has re-established a hotline to report dead or ill swans in Whatcom, Skagit and Snohomish counties in order to monitor lead poisoning. Please call (360) 466-4345, extension 266 to make a report.
  4. Can I remove a dead deer from my property and keep the antlers?
    You cannot keep the antlers or horns attached to dead wildlife. This includes dead wildlife found on your property. However, you can keep naturally shed antlers you find. You can remove and dispose of wildlife found dead on your property. You must first notify a WDFW Regional Office before you ...
  5. Who do I call to have a dead animal removed from my property? Can I keep it?
    In most instances, it is the property owner's responsibility to arrange for the animal to be removed and disposed of. The individual may remove the wildlife for disposal only, and may not retain the wildlife, or any part, for personal use or consumption. Other laws and rules may apply to the di ...