Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife


If I'm hunting waterfowl in the Columbia River, what licenses do I need?

  • There is no license reciprocity between Oregon and Washington on the Columbia River for waterfowl hunting. If you are waterfowl hunting on the water, you need the hunting license for the state on whose side of the river you are hunting, regardless of whether you are on a boat or on land.
  • You must launch from and land upon the shore of the state for which you are licensed to hunt—there is no reciprocity agreement between the states.


Related Questions


No attachments were found.

Question Details

Last Updated
24th of May, 2011

Would you like to...

Print this page  Print this page

Email this page  Email this page

Post a comment  Post a comment

 Subscribe me

Subscribe me  Add to favorites

Remove Highlighting Remove Highlighting

Edit this Question

Quick Edit

Export to PDF

User Opinions

No users have voted.

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.