Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife


How do I find out who owns property in order to hunt on it?

  • Call the Assessor’s Office in the county where the land is located.
  • Visit the website for the Assessor’s Office in the county where the land is located, and check to see if specific tax information by parcel is available for public review.
  • Obtain area maps from government agencies such as the Department of Natural Resources, WDFW, U.S. Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management, U.S. Department of Interior, etc., to identify public lands.
  • Obtain pertinent maps from local private timber companies and seek permission to hunt.


Related Questions


No attachments were found.

Question Details

Last Updated
24th of May, 2011

Would you like to...

Print this page  Print this page

Email this page  Email this page

Post a comment  Post a comment

 Subscribe me

Subscribe me  Add to favorites

Remove Highlighting Remove Highlighting

Edit this Question

Quick Edit

Export to PDF

User Opinions

No users have voted.

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.