Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife


How do I discourage beaver from plugging my culverts and building dams that flood my property?

  • To remove or modify a beaver dam, you must have a Hydraulic Project Approval (HPA)—a permit issued by WDFW—for work that will use, obstruct, change, or divert the bed or flow of state waters (RCW 77.55).
  • See WDFW's "Living with Wildlife: Beavers" fact sheet for specific information on tools to address plugged culverts and flooding.

Related Questions


No attachments were found.

Question Details

Last Updated
9th of July, 2012