Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife


What do I do if I find injured wildlife?

  • Contact a local wildlife rehabilitator. For a list of wildlife rehabilitators by county, see WDFW's Wildlife Rehabilitation website. All native wild birds, mammals, reptiles, and amphibians are protected by Washington State rules (the Washington Administrative Code) and laws (the Revised Code of Washington). Anyone wishing to possess injured native wildlife and/or to practice wildlife rehabilitation is required to obtain a permit from WDFW. A wildlife rehabilitator permit authorizes a person to temporarily possess injured, diseased, oiled, or abandoned wildlife for the purpose of wild release. Individuals must meet several requirements to obtain this permit. See WDFW's How to Become a Wildlife Rehabilitator website for more information. People who work with native migratory birds must also have a U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service migratory bird rehabilitation permit.
  • Contact your local WDFW Regional Office or the Wildlife Program at (360) 902-2515.


Related Questions


No attachments were found.

Question Details

Last Updated
24th of May, 2011

Would you like to...

Print this page  Print this page

Email this page  Email this page

Post a comment  Post a comment

 Subscribe me

Subscribe me  Add to favorites

Remove Highlighting Remove Highlighting

Edit this Question

Quick Edit

Export to PDF

User Opinions

0% thumbs up 100% thumbs down (1 vote)

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.