Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife


Does a designated harvester or hunter companion need to have a Washington license to harvest for or assist a disabled person in Washington?

  • No. According to WAC 232-12-828(8), a designated hunter companion must have a valid hunting license from Washington or another state.
  • The hunter companion or designated harvester must have their licenses with them. And the disabled person who is being assisted must have the appropriate Washington licenses and tags for the activity, plus a designated hunter companion card or disabled harvester identification card for the person harvesting for or assisting him/her.


Related Questions


No attachments were found.

Question Details

Last Updated
9th of July, 2012

Would you like to...

Print this page  Print this page

Email this page  Email this page

Post a comment  Post a comment

 Subscribe me

Subscribe me  Add to favorites

Remove Highlighting Remove Highlighting

Edit this Question

Quick Edit

Export to PDF

User Opinions

0% thumbs up 100% thumbs down (1 vote)

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.