Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife


If I buy a Washington resident license and move to another state can I use that resident license for the remainder of the Washington seasons?

  • Yes (WAC 200-20-001). However, as soon as you purchase a resident license in the new state, your Washington resident license becomes invalid, even if the season is not over.
  • If you are checked in the field by a Fish and Wildlife Officer and found to have a resident Washington license but a driver’s license and address from another state, the Officer will check to see if your Washington resident license was purchased before your driver’s license in the other state, and whether you also have a resident license from the other state.

Related Questions


No attachments were found.

Question Details

Last Updated
9th of July, 2012