Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife


What is the best and fastest way to get into contact with a local Fish and Wildlife Officer?

  • For emergency situations such as poaching in progress or emergency dangerous wildlife incidents with people, dial 911 or contact the Washington State Patrol and ask to be put in contact with the nearest on-duty Fish and Wildlife Officer.
  • If your reason for contacting Fish and Wildlife Enforcement is not an emergency but deals with a past or future poaching incident, and you wish to leave a confidential message or receive a follow-up contact, you can call WDFW Turn In a Poacher (TIP) line at 1-877-933-9847.
  • You may contact the WDFW Enforcement Dispatch Center (WILDCOMM) at (360) 902-2936.  If you contact WDFW after 5:00PM, or on weekends or holidays, your call will be returned on the next business day.
  • You may also contact your local WDFW Regional Office during normal work hours (numbers can be found on the WDFW website and in regulation pamphlets).

Related Questions


No attachments were found.

Question Details

Last Updated
4th of May, 2011

Would you like to...

Print this page  Print this page

Email this page  Email this page

Post a comment  Post a comment

 Subscribe me

Subscribe me  Add to favorites

Remove Highlighting Remove Highlighting

Edit this Question

Quick Edit

Export to PDF

User Opinions

66% thumbs up 33% thumbs down (3 votes)

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.