Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife


What types of permit(s) do I need?

Before conducting small scale mineral prospecting or placer mining activities where waters of the state will be affected, you must obtain a Hydraulic Project Approval (HPA) issued by WDFW. Two types of HPAs are available: the Gold and Fish pamphlet and an individual written HPA. The pamphlet authorizes many typical mineral prospecting and placer mining activities. An individual HPA may authorize activities and locations not included in the pamphlet HPA. In addition, you may need permits from other state and federal agencies, as well as permission from the landowner to prospect or mine on their land. For more information, contact the Office of Regulatory Assistance at 1-800-917-0043 or ora.wa.gov.

Related Questions

No related questions were found.


No attachments were found.

Question Details

Last Updated
22nd of February, 2012

Would you like to...

Print this page  Print this page

Email this page  Email this page

Post a comment  Post a comment

 Subscribe me

Subscribe me  Add to favorites

Remove Highlighting Remove Highlighting

Edit this Question

Quick Edit

Export to PDF

User Opinions

No users have voted.

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.