Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife


I am a claim holder. The 1872 Mining Law allows me to prospect and mine on public land. Do I still have to follow the Gold and Fish pamphlet or a written HPA?

Yes. Chapter 77.55 RCW authorizes WDFW to regulate activities that will use, divert, obstruct, or change the natural flow or bed of any of the salt or fresh waters of the state. Nothing in the 1872 Mining Law prohibits the state from exercising its legal authority to protect the state’s fish resources.

Related Questions

No related questions were found.


No attachments were found.

Question Details

Last Updated
9th of July, 2012