Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife


Who do I call to have a dead animal removed from my property? Can I keep it?

In most instances, it is the property owner's responsibility to arrange for the animal to be removed and disposed of. The individual may remove the wildlife for disposal only, and may not retain the wildlife, or any part, for personal use or consumption.  Other laws and rules may apply to the disposal, including rules of the Department of Health (WAC 246-203-120).  Wildlife removed under this section remain the property of the state.

If the animal is next to a road, the responsibility for disposal falls to the city or county public works department.

Related Questions


No attachments were found.

Question Details

Last Updated
29th of January, 2016