Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife


Who do I call to have a dead animal removed from my property? Can I keep it?

In most instances, it is the property owner's responsibility to arrange for the animal to be removed and disposed of. The individual may remove the wildlife for disposal only, and may not retain the wildlife, or any part, for personal use or consumption.  Other laws and rules may apply to the disposal, including rules of the Department of Health (WAC 246-203-120).  Wildlife removed under this section remain the property of the state.

Related Questions


No attachments were found.

Question Details

Last Updated
9th of July, 2012

Would you like to...

Print this page  Print this page

Email this page  Email this page

Post a comment  Post a comment

 Subscribe me

Subscribe me  Remove from favorites

Remove Highlighting Remove Highlighting

Edit this Question

Quick Edit

Export to PDF

User Opinions

11% thumbs up 88% thumbs down (9 votes)

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.