Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife


Can I hunt big game or turkey if I do not draw a Special Permit?

It depends. You can hunt deer, elk, bear, cougar or turkey without drawing a Special Permit. You can hunt the general season for any of these species by buying a general season license.

However, hunting mountain goat, moose or bighorn sheep is different. These three species have no general season. You can only hunt these species by either drawing or winning one of the following:

      1. A Special Permit
      2. A Raffle Permit Hunt
      3. A
Big Game Auction

Related Questions


No attachments were found.

Question Details

Last Updated
26th of December, 2013