Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife


Why can I not buy or submit my Special Permit application?

Before buying a deer, elk, bear or turkey Special Permit application, you must first buy a license and tag for that species.

Mountain goat, bighorn sheep or moose Special Permits work differently. You do not need to buy one of those licenses and tags to submit an application. In fact, none of these species has a general season. You would only want to buy a license and tag if drawn for a Special Permit.

For deer or elk, you need to select your tag before you can buy a Special Permit application. For elk, this includes choosing to hunt either eastern or western Washington. Once you make those selections, you can buy and submit Special Permits.

If you need more help, contact the Licensing Division:

      1. Online at
      2. Call (360) 902-2464

Related Questions


No attachments were found.

Question Details

Last Updated
20th of December, 2013

Would you like to...

Print this page  Print this page

Email this page  Email this page

Post a comment  Post a comment

 Subscribe me

Subscribe me  Remove from favorites

Remove Highlighting Remove Highlighting

Edit this Question

Quick Edit

Export to PDF

User Opinions

100% thumbs up 0% thumbs down (2 votes)

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.