Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife


How do I get a Migratory Bird Harvest Card to hunt Band-tailed pigeon, Brant, Sea Duck or Snow Goose? Will I need to do this year after year?

To get a Migratory Bird Harvest Card for any of those four species, you need to purchase the Migratory Bird Authorization. However, first time requests need to start with the Migratory Bird Hunting Authorization Application at http://wdfw.wa.gov/hunting/permits/migratory/.

You DO NOT need to repeat this process year after year if authorized for a certain species. However, this is not always the case. For example, if you requested authorization for only Snow Goose your first year, but then get an interest to hunt Brant and Sea Duck next year, then you DO need to apply again. This time you would apply for Brant and Sea Duck to obtain those harvest cards.

Related Questions


No attachments were found.

Question Details

Last Updated
6th of December, 2013

Would you like to...

Print this page  Print this page

Email this page  Email this page

Post a comment  Post a comment

 Subscribe me

Subscribe me  Remove from favorites

Remove Highlighting Remove Highlighting

Edit this Question

Quick Edit

Export to PDF

User Opinions

50% thumbs up 50% thumbs down (2 votes)

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.