Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife


I heard about hunting unclassified wildlife. What do I need to purchase and what type of weapons can I use to hunt them?

To hunt unclassified wildlife, you need a valid big game or small game license. You can hunt unclassified wildlife year round with no bag limit and with any weapon. For instance, you can legally hunt unclassified wildlife with an air rifle.

Attached below is the Small Game, Furbearers, and Unclassified Species section (Pages 151-152) from the 2015-2021 Game Management Plan available online at http://wdfw.wa.gov/publications/01676/wdfw01676.pdf.

Related Questions


Question Details

Last Updated
20th of March, 2015