Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife


What are the hunting/fishing license requirements for active duty U.S. military personnel stationed in Washington?

  • Active duty U.S. military stationed in Washington State are considered residents and qualify for resident licenses as long as they are stationed in Washington on a non-temporary basis.  A “non-temporary basis” means for ninety days or longer.  However, active duty U.S. military personnel may not possess resident licenses from two different states at the same time.  Resident licenses cost the same for active duty military personnel as they do for residents who are not in the U.S. Armed Forces.
  • If an active duty U.S. military member has a resident hunting/fishing license from another state, he/she must purchase an out-of-state license to hunt in Washington.
  • An active duty military member who maintains his status as a resident of Washington can continue to buy resident licenses in Washington even if transferred elsewhere, as long as he/she doesn’t purchase a resident license in another state.

Related Questions


No attachments were found.

Question Details

Last Updated
24th of May, 2011