Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife


I bought an eastern Washington archery elk license and applied for an elk Special Permit. Since I was not drawn, can I change from archery to muzzleloader or from eastern to western Washington?

No. You cannot switch your elk or deer tag after the Special Permit submission deadline date if you submitted hunt choices for a Special Permit. You cannot switch from eastern to western (or western to eastern) once the Special Permit submission deadline has passed. You can exchange your tag if you make the request before the Special Permit submission deadline.

If you submitted Points Option or do not apply for Special Permits, you can exchange your tag before the following deadlines:

      1. Archery tag holder – September 1
      2. Muzzleloader tag holder – September 20
      3. Modern Firearm tag holder– October 10

Related Questions


No attachments were found.

Question Details

Last Updated
6th of January, 2014

Would you like to...

Print this page  Print this page

Email this page  Email this page

Post a comment  Post a comment

 Subscribe me

Subscribe me  Add to favorites

Remove Highlighting Remove Highlighting

Edit this Question

Quick Edit

Export to PDF

User Opinions

100% thumbs up 0% thumbs down (1 vote)

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.