Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife


If I want to submit a bighorn sheep, mountain goat, or moose special permit, do I need to buy a hunting license and tag first?

You can wait to purchase a bighorn sheep, mountain goat, or moose license and tag until you are drawn for a special permit. You can submit a special permit application for any of those three species without purchasing a general season license and tag.

If drawn for one of the special permits, you must purchase the hunting license by the deadline established by WDFW. You will be mailed instructions on how and when to complete the purchase. Failure to purchase by the deadline forfeits the special permit to an alternate applicant.

Related Questions


No attachments were found.

Question Details

Last Updated
24th of December, 2015