Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife


If I want to submit a bighorn sheep, mountain goat or moose Special Permit, do I need to buy a hunting license and tag first?

No. You can wait to purchase a bighorn sheep, mountain goat or moose license and tag until you find out if you drew a Special Permit. You can submit a Special Permit application for any of these three species without purchasing a general season license and tag.

If drawn for one these Special Permits, you must purchase the hunting license by the deadline established by the Department. You will be mailed instructions on how and when to complete the purchase. Failure to purchase by the deadline forfeits the Special Permit to an alternate applicant.

Related Questions


No attachments were found.

Question Details

Last Updated
9th of December, 2013

Would you like to...

Print this page  Print this page

Email this page  Email this page

Post a comment  Post a comment

 Subscribe me

Subscribe me  Add to favorites

Remove Highlighting Remove Highlighting

Edit this Question

Quick Edit

Export to PDF

User Opinions

0% thumbs up 100% thumbs down (4 votes)

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.