Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife
Master Hunter Section
600 Capitol Way North
Olympia, WA 98501-1091
WDFW – Enforcement
Natural Resources Building
1111 Washington Street SE
Olympia, WA 9850
| Please Note
||All individuals born after 1 January
1972 must also show proof of basic hunter education training from Washington
or another state before enrolling in the Master Hunter program.
If required, enclose a copy of your hunter education certificate
or the year and state in which you completed your training.
The passing score
on the written exam is 80% -- meaning a “B” or higher.
- You make and confirm
arrangements with the test proctor well in advance.
- You must present
photo ID upon arrival at the test site (driver’s license,
student ID, or equivalent).
- You may not bring
any electronic device, especially cell phones, into the test room.
- You may not bring any notes, pamphlets, or other study materials into the
- You must bring pencils and erasers.
- You must bring or
know your WILD Hunting/Fishing License ID number to record on the
test answer sheet.
- The test will
be strictly timed at 70 minutes.
- Persons who are
not successful in passing the test may retake the test after a 30-day
- If the test must be read to you, it is your responsibility to make advance arrangements with the test proctor.
- Persons caught
cheating on the test will be excluded from the Master Hunter Permit Program for life.
- Master Hunter Program: Testing Policy
- Master Hunter tests will be proctored in the Tri-Cities area on an “as needed” basis. You must pre-register in order to take the examination by calling Mike Estes at (509) 582-2212, or via email at email@example.com.
- Master Hunter tests will be proctored in the Chelan area on an “as needed” basis. You must pre-register in order to take the examination by calling Jim Reinbold at (509) 682-8014 or (509) 670-4870, or via e-mail at JMRein4061@aol.com.
- Master Hunter tests will be proctored in the Leavenworth/Wenatchee area on an “as needed” basis. You must pre-register in order to take the examination by calling Ray Boone at (509) 548-4206, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Master Hunter tests will be proctored in the Wenatchee area on an “as needed” basis. You must pre-register in order to take the examination by calling Ron Poppe at (509) 662-3957, or via email at email@example.com
- Master Hunter tests will be proctored at the WDFW Region Five Office located at 2108 Grand Boulevard, in Vancouver. The test dates are February 28, March 27, April 24, and May 29, June 26, July 31, August 28, October 10, and November 15, 2012. All test sessions will begin promptly at 5:00 P.M. To register, call the Region Five WDFW Office at (360) 696-6211.
- Master Hunter tests will be proctored at Bob’s Sporting Goods in Longview on April 14, July 14, August 11, 2012. All test sessions will begin promptly at 11:00 A.M. To register, call Harold Costa at (360) 749-4409.
- Master Hunter tests will be proctored at the WDFW Region Two Office located at 1550 Alder Street N.W. in Ephrata. Pre-registration is required and testing will occur during business hours M-F. To make reservations call (509) 754-4624, extension #223
Grays Harbor County
- Master Hunter tests will be proctored at the WDFW Region Six Office located at 48 Devonshire Road in Montesano. Pre-registration is required and testing will occur promptly at 10 A.M. Tuesday through Fridays. Scheduling will be based on a case by case basis depending upon staff availability, and at least 24 hours advance notice is necessary. To make reservations call (360) 249-4628.
- Master Hunter tests will be proctored on an “as needed” basis. You must pre-register in order to take the examination by contacting Jim Fitzgerald at 206-714-2591 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- George Coulbourn will proctor the Master Hunter written test at 7:00 P.M., April 30 and June 12, 2012 at the Black Diamond Library. The Black Diamond Library is located ½ mile west of SR 169 at 24707 Roberts Drive, Black Diamond, WA 98010. Later test dates TBD. Contact Mr. Coulbourn at email@example.com to reserve your space.
- Master Hunter tests will be proctored at the Sammamish Library on May 20, July 22, September 16, and November 4, 2013. The library is located at 825 228th Avenue SE, Sammamish, 98075. Testing will begin at 3pm. You must pre-register at least one week in advance. Please contact Ted Wolkenhauer at (206) 979-9233, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for registration.
- Master Hunter test will be proctored May 2, June 11, July 23, August 20, September 10, 2012. The test location is Tacoma Rifle and Revolver Club located at 8503 Chamber Creek Road West, University Place, WA 98467. When you approach the gate, push the black button for entrance to range compound and drive in approximately 500 yards. The class is located in the white portable classroom building, about 75 yards on the right. Please arrive no later than 6:45 as tests will begin promptly at 7:00 P.M., each scheduled evening. Please bring your own writing instrument and your Wild ID #, along with your photo ID. Please contact Tani Iwashita at email@example.com to register.
- 2012 Master Hunter tests will be proctored at the Spokane Region One WDFW Office beginning promptly at 1:00 P.M. on the following dates: March 7 and 21; April 4 and 18; May 2 and 16; June 6 and 20, July 5 and 18; August 1 and 15; September 5 and 19; October 3 and 24; November 7. The Regional Office is located at 2315 North Discovery Place, Spokane Valley. To pre-register, please call the WDFW Region One Office at (509) 892-1001.
- 2012 Master Hunter tests will be proctored at the Spokane Gun Club beginning at 6:00 P.M. on the following dates: July 6 and 18; August 16 and 21; September 14 and 20; October 11 and 26; November 9. The Spokane Gun Club is located at 19615 East Sprague Avenue, Greenacres. Specific directions may be found at http://www.spokanegunclub.org. A maximum of 15 candidates will be accepted for each testing date. You must pre-register in order to take the examination at H9unter6ed@aol.com or by calling Larry Stansbury at (509) 924-4726. Please DO NOT call the Spokane Gun Club.
- Master Hunter tests will be proctored in Olympia at the Natural Resources Building (NRB) located at 1111 Washington Street S.E. on the following dates: March 8, 22; April 5, 19; May 3, 17, 31; June 14, 28; July 12, 26; August 9, 23; September 6, 20; October 4, 18; and November 1, 15 2012. All testing will begin promptly at 2:30 P.M. so plan to arrive early. Check in at the WDFW Enforcement Program located on the First Floor immediately behind the NRB Parking Garage elevator. Please park in the NRB Visitor’s Parking lot. Parking fees are 50 cents per hour and you must purchase and display parking passes in your vehicle. Contact Tracy Loveless to preregister at (360) 902-8412, or Tracy.Loveless@dfw.wa.gov.
- Master Hunter tests will be proctored at the St. Pauls Academy in Bellingham on March 14, April 18, May 23, and June 15, 2012. St. Pauls Academy is located at 3000 Northwest Avenue, Bellingham. Go south on Northwest Avenue exactly one mile to the test facility located in the lunch room. The door will be open at 6:30pm and the test will start promptly at 7:00pm. Contact Paul Sadler at 360-671-8704 or 360-739-0943 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
- Master Hunter tests will be proctored at the WDFW Yakima Region Three Office on March 23, April 27, May 25, June 29, July 27, August 24, September 28, and November 2, 2012. Examination will begin promptly at 3:00 P.M. Please arrive at 2:45 P.M. for sign in. The Regional Office is located at 1701 South 24th Avenue, Yakima. To pre-register, please contact Bill Madison at 509-225-6737 or email@example.com a minimum of seven days in advance of the test date.