Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife
Master Hunter Section
600 Capitol Way North
Olympia, WA 98501-1091
WDFW – Wildlife Program
Natural Resources Building
1111 Washington Street SE
Olympia, WA 9850
The passing score
on the written exam is 80% -- meaning a “B” or higher.
- You make and confirm
arrangements with the test proctor well in advance.
- You must present
photo ID upon arrival at the test site (driver’s license,
student ID, or equivalent).
- You may not bring
any electronic device, especially cell phones, into the test room.
- You may not bring any notes, pamphlets, or other study materials into the
- You must bring pencils and erasers.
- You must bring or
know your WILD Hunting/Fishing License ID number to record on the
test answer sheet.
- The test will
be strictly timed at 70 minutes.
- Persons who are
not successful in passing the test may retake the test after a 30-day
- If the test must be read to you, it is your responsibility to make advance arrangements with the test proctor.
- Persons caught
cheating on the test will be excluded from the Master Hunter Permit Program for life.
- Master Hunter Program: Testing Policy
- Master Hunter tests will be proctored in the Tri-Cities area at the Tri Cities Shooting Association (TCSA) on May 6 and August 5, 2014 from 6:00-8:30pm. The TCSA clubhouse is located at 97457 North State Route 225. Directions can be found on the TCSA website at www.tcsa.info. You must pre-register in order to take the examination by contacting Tom Conrads at email@example.com.
- Master Hunter tests will be proctored in the Leavenworth/Wenatchee area on an “as needed” basis. You must pre-register in order to take the examination by calling Ray Boone at (509) 548-4206, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Master Hunter tests will be proctored in the Chelan area on an “as needed” basis. You must pre-register in order to take the examination by calling Jim Reinbold at (509) 682-8014 or (509) 670-4870, or via e-mail at JMRein4061@aol.com.
- Master Hunter tests will be proctored at the WDFW Region Five Office located at 2108 Grand Boulevard, in Vancouver. The test dates are March 4, April 1, and May 6, June 3, 2014. All test sessions will begin promptly at 5:00 P.M. To register, call the Region Five WDFW Office at (360) 696-6211, press 0 for customer service.
- Master Hunter tests will be proctored in coordination with The Eyes In The Woods C.O.R.T. class at Bob’s Sporting Goods in Longview on April 26, June 7, and August 9, 2014. The Master Hunter exams will be from 9-10:15am and the C.O.R.T. classes will be from 10:30am-1pm. Master Hunter tests can also be proctored on an “as needed basis”. To register, call Harold Costa at (360) 749-4409.
- Master Hunter tests will be proctored at the WDFW Region Two Office located at 1550 Alder Street N.W. in Ephrata. Pre-registration is required and testing will occur during business hours M-F. To make reservations call (509) 754-4624, extension #223
Grays Harbor County
- Master Hunter tests will be proctored at the WDFW Region Six Office located at 48 Devonshire Road in Montesano. Pre-registration is required and testing will occur promptly at 10 A.M. Tuesday through Fridays. Scheduling will be based on a case by case basis depending upon staff availability, and at least 24 hours advance notice is necessary. To make reservations call (360) 249-4628.
- Master Hunter tests will be proctored in the Kenmore area on an “as needed” basis. You must pre-register in order to take the examination by contacting Jim Fitzgerald at 206-714-2591 or email@example.com.
- Master Hunter tests will be proctored in the Auburn area at the Belara Apartments cabana located at 6170 Terrace View Lane SE, Auburn, WA 98092. All test begin promptly at 10:00 A.M. on the following Sundays: March 30, April 27, May 18, June 29, July 27, August 24, and September 28. You must pre-register by contacting Brian Welch at 360-265-9135 or firstname.lastname@example.org. I can also schedule tests to accommodate special needs, call to coordinate.
- Master Hunter tests will be proctored in the Davenport area on an “as needed” basis. You must pre-register in order to take the examination by calling Jim Reinbold at (509) 953-3376, or via e-mail at JMRein4061@aol.com.
- Master Hunter test will be proctored at the Tacoma Rifle and Revolver Club on March 18, April 23, May 20, June 19, July 17, August 18, September 11, 2014. The Tacoma Rifle and Revolver Club is located at 8503 Chamber Creek Road West, University Place, WA 98467. When you approach the gate, push the black button for entrance to range compound and drive in approximately 500 yards. The class is located in the white portable classroom building, about 75 yards on the right. Please arrive no later than 6:45 as tests will begin promptly at 7:00pm each scheduled evening. Please bring your own writing instrument, your Wild ID #, and your photo ID. To register, please contact Tani Iwashita at email@example.com.
- Master Hunter tests will be proctored at the Marysville Rifle Club on May 25, June 29, July 27, and August 31, 2014. All testing will begin at 7:00 pm. The Marysville Rifle Club is located at 1601 Lakewood Road, Arlington, 98223. You must pre-register in order to take the examination by contacting Robert Moon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2014 Master Hunter tests will be proctored at the Spokane Region One WDFW Office beginning promptly at 1:00 P.M. on the following dates: March 5 and 19; April 2 and 16; May 7 and 21; June 4 and 18, July 2 and 16; August 6 and 20; September 3 and 17; October 1 and 15; November 5. The Regional Office is located at 2315 North Discovery Place, Spokane Valley. You must pre-register by calling the WDFW Region One Office at (509) 892-1001.
- 2014 Master Hunter tests will be proctored at the Spokane Gun Club beginning at 6:00 P.M. on the following dates: March 28; April 25; May 23; June 13 and 27, July 25; August 29; September 26; October 10 and 24. The Spokane Gun Club is located at 19615 East Sprague Avenue, Greenacres. Specific directions may be found at http://www.spokanegunclub.org. A maximum of 15 candidates will be accepted for each testing date. You must pre-register in order to take the examination at H9unter6ed@aol.com or by calling Larry Stansbury at (509) 924-4726. Please DO NOT call the Spokane Gun Club.
- Master Hunter tests will be proctored in Olympia at the Natural Resources Building (NRB) on an “as needed” basis. We are located at 1111 Washington Street S.E. on the 5th floor. Please park in the NRB Visitor’s Parking lot. Parking fees are 50 cents per hour and you must purchase and display parking passes in your vehicle. You must pre-register by contacting Tracy Loveless at (360) 902-8412, or Tracy.Loveless@dfw.wa.gov.
- Master Hunter tests will be proctored at the St. Brendan’s Anglican Church in Bellingham February 24, March 31, and June 2, 2014. St. Brendan’s is located at 1015 Railroad Avenue, #101, Bellingham, WA 98225. Take exit 253 and go west on Lakeway Drive, slight right on East Holly Street, left on North State Street, then right on East Laurel Street, East Laurel becomes Railroad Avenue. Testing is located in the Ministry Office #101. The test will start promptly at 7:00pm. Contact Paul Sadler at 360-671-8704 or 360-739-0943 or email@example.com to register.
- Master Hunter tests will be proctored at the WDFW Yakima Region Three Office on April 24, May 29, July 10, August 21, September 25, and October 30, 2014. Examinations will begin promptly at 10:00 A.M and class size is limited to 10 people. The Region Three Office is located at 1701 South 24th Avenue, Yakima. Tests may also be offered on an “as needed” basis. To pre-register, please contact James Conway at firstname.lastname@example.org or (509) 654-8391, leave a message if there is no answer.