Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife
Master Hunter Section
600 Capitol Way North
Olympia, WA 98501-1091
WDFW – Wildlife Program
Natural Resources Building
1111 Washington Street SE
Olympia, WA 9850
Advance scheduling is required for all Master Hunter exams. The written exam is not available online. Timed tests are administered at the locations below.
The passing score on the written exam is 80% -- meaning a “B” or higher.
Instructions for Persons Taking the Test
- You make and confirm arrangements with the test proctor well in advance.
- You must present photo ID upon arrival at the test site (driver’s license, student ID, or equivalent).
- You may not bring any electronic device, especially cell phones, into the test room.
- You may not bring any notes, pamphlets, or other study materials into the test room.
- You must bring pencils and erasers.
- You must bring or know your WILD Hunting/Fishing License ID number to record on the test answer sheet.
- The test will be strictly timed at 70 minutes.
- Persons who are not successful in passing the test may retake the test after a 7-day waiting period.
- If the test must be read to you, it is your responsibility to make advance arrangements with the test proctor.
- Persons caught cheating on the test will be excluded from the Master Hunter Permit Program for life.
- Master Hunter Program: Testing Policy
- Master Hunter tests will be proctored in the Tri-Cities area at the Tri Cities Shooting Association (TCSA) on April 11 and August 8, 2017 from 6:00-7:30pm. The TCSA clubhouse is located at 97457 North State Route 225. Directions can be found on the TCSA website at www.tcsa.info. You must pre-register in order to take the examination by contacting Tom Conrads at email@example.com.
- Master Hunter tests will be proctored in the Leavenworth/Wenatchee area on an "as needed" basis. You must pre-register in order to take the examination by calling Ray Boone at (509) 548-4206, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Master Hunter tests will be proctored at the WDFW Region Five Office located at 2108 Grand Boulevard, in Vancouver. The test dates are March 23, April 13, May 25, June 22, July 27, August 24, September 28, and October 26, 2017. All test sessions will begin promptly at 5:00 P.M. To register, call the Region Five WDFW Office at (360) 696-6211, press 0 for customer service.
- Master Hunter tests will be proctored at the WDFW Region Two Office located at 1550 Alder Street N.W. in Ephrata. Pre-registration is required and testing will occur during business hours M-F. To make reservations call (509) 754-4624, extension #223
Grays Harbor County
- Master Hunter tests will be proctored at the WDFW Region Six Office located at 48 Devonshire Road in Montesano. Pre-registration is required and testing will occur promptly at 10 A.M. Tuesday through Thursdays. Scheduling will be based on a case by case basis depending upon staff availability, and at least 24 hours advance notice is necessary. To make reservations call (360) 249-4628.
- Master Hunter tests will be proctored in the Davenport area on an "as needed" basis. You must pre-register in order to take the examination by calling Jim Reinbold at (509) 953-3376, or via e-mail at JMRein4061@aol.com.
- Master Hunter tests will be proctored in the Union area on an "as needed" basis. You must pre-register in order to take the examination by contacting Jim Fitzgerald at 206-714-2591 or email@example.com.
- Master Hunter Exams will be proctored in Burlington on April 9th at 9am, May 17th at 5:30 pm, October 1st at 9 am, and November 4th at 4:30 pm. Location for all tests will be at the Holiday Sports located at 895 Nevitt Road, Burlington, WA 98233. Contact Dave Floyd at firstname.lastname@example.org to register for the written exam.
- Master Hunter test will be proctored on an "as needed" basis at the Marysville Rifle Club. The Marysville Rifle Club is located at 1601 Lakewood Road, Arlington, 98223. You must pre-register by contacting Robert Moon at email@example.com.
- Master Hunter tests will be proctored at the WDFW Region Four Office located at 16018 Mill Creek Boulevard, in Mill Creek. The test dates are February 15, March 15, April 19, May 17, June 14, July 19, August 16, September 13, October 18, and November 15, 2017. Test will start at 3:00pm and be by appointment only as there are a limited number of seats available. To register, call the Region Four WDFW Office at (425) 775-1311, press 0 for customer service.
- Master Hunter tests will be proctored at the Spokane Region One WDFW Office beginning promptly at 1:00 P.M. on March 8 and 22, April 12 and 26, May 10 and 24, June 14 and 28, July 26, August 9 and 23, September 13 and 27, October 11 and 25, and November 8, 2017. The Regional Office is located at 2315 North Discovery Place, Spokane Valley. You must pre-register by calling the WDFW Region One Office at (509) 892-1001.
- Master Hunter tests will be proctored in Olympia at the Natural Resources Building (NRB) on an "as needed" basis. We are located at 1111 Washington Street S.E. on the 5th floor. Please park in the NRB Visitor's Parking lot. Parking fees are 50 cents per hour and you must purchase and display parking passes in your vehicle. You must pre-register by contacting Tracy Loveless at (360) 902-8412, or Tracy.Loveless@dfw.wa.gov.
- Master Hunter tests will be proctored in Bellingham on March 22, April 26, and June 6, 2017. Later test dates may be done on an "as needed" basis. Location: 4341 Cable Street, Bellingham 98229. Directions: take exit 253 and go right on King Street, left on Lakeway Drive, proceed about 4 miles staying right at the "Y' about a mile in. It is the first house on the left when road turns into Cable Street at the top of the hill. Grey house with 3 driveways. The test will start promptly at 6:00pm. Contact Paul Sadler at 360-671-8704 or 360-739-0943 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
- Master Hunter tests will be proctored at the WDFW Yakima Region Three Office on March 24, May 26, July 14, August 11, September 15, and October 13, 2017. Examinations will begin promptly at 9:00 am. Class size is limited to 10 people. The Region Three Office is located at 1701 South 24th Avenue, Yakima. Tests may also be offered on an "as needed" basis. To pre-register, please contact James Conway at email@example.com or (509) 654-8391, leave a message if there is no answer.