Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife
Master Hunter Section
600 Capitol Way North
Olympia, WA 98501-1091
WDFW – Wildlife Program
Natural Resources Building
1111 Washington Street SE
Olympia, WA 9850
Please report harvest to (509) 925–9323
- Please call in to (509) 925-9323 to report the location, time, and date your animal was harvested and how many animals were in the group.
- If you see stock fences damaged by elk, please offer to make repairs. This may help keep you in good standing with private property owners.
Bonneville Power Administration (BPA) and Kittitas Reclamation District (KRD) access roads are typically not public access roads. Using a BPA road without the underlying landowner's permission is trespassing. No hunting is allowed on or from KRD roads.
- Parke Creek – Approximately 30 elk have been seen in this area.
- Reecer Creek – No new reports of elk in the area.
- Coleman Canyon – No new reports of elk in the area.
- Robinson Canyon – Elk are present in this area. Please coordinate with private landowners as public access opportunity is very limited.
- Teanaway – Scattered elk are using irrigated crop fields. Elk use of the Teanaway Valley and south Cle Elum Ridge has continued in September.
- Hwy 10 – No reported activity.
- Riverbottom – Some elk have been reported using areas along the river and inside the 3911 Elk Area.
- Peoh Point/Cle Elum – Small groups of elk have been using crop fields in the area. Elk have been reported near the Yakima River. Small groups of elk are present in the Watson Cutoff area.
- Badger Pocket – Small groups of elk are in the area using hay fields and crossing from YTC.
Some elk are entering damage areas in and around agricultural fields. Most of these elk are on private lands. Permission is required to enter private lands.
- Tampico – Elk numbers are increasing below the elk fence at this time and using irrigated crop fields.
- Naches – Elk have been reported using irrigated crop areas in the Naches area. Elk are also along the Naches River above Naches. Elk have been reported in cut hay fields.
- Tieton – Elk are using irrigated areas in the river corridor.
- Wenas – No reported activity.
- West Valley – No reported activity.
Scattered elk reports have been received in several areas of the YTC.