Wildlife Area Location

Ron Fox
3860 Highway 97 A
Wenatchee, WA 98801
509-662-0490 FAX

Wildlife Areas
Chelan Wildlife Area
Entiat Unit
The Entiat Unit’s 9,851 acres include lands west and northwest of the town of Entiat and in the vicinity of Oklahoma Gulch, Navarre Coulee and Knapp Coulee. Upland game birds using the area include chukar, gray partridge, blue grouse and California quail. The Entiat Unit provides critical winter range for the Chelan County mule deer herd.
Viewing Opportunities


  • Birds of Prey
  • Eagles
  • Songbirds
  • Upland Birds
  • Mammals

  • Bear
  • Deer
  • Small Mammals
  • Other

  • Butterflies
  • Reptiles/Amphibians
  • Wildflowers
  • How to Get Here
    Access Site #1
    Driving Directions
    From Chelan, travel south on Highway 97 A for 8.7 miles and then turn west on an unmarked dirt road to enter the wildlife area.
    Parking/Restroom Information
    Informal parking area is at end of the road. No restrooms are available.
    Access Site #2
    Driving Directions
    From the junction of Highway 97 A and Highway 971, travel north 1.25 miles and then turn east on an unmarked dirt road to enter the wildlife area. The access road is closed at 0.8 miles from Dec. 1 to May 15 to reduce disturbance to wintering mule deer.
    Parking/Restroom Information
    Parking is available at pulloffs along the access road. No restrooms are available.
    Other Information
    Late winter/early spring activities in deer winter ranges are discouraged due to their impact on wintering deer.
    Wildlife Area Habitat Conservation Plans
    Weekender Report
    Wildlife Viewing Guides
    Accessing Washington's Outdoors
    Find a Water Access Site
    GoHunt - Interactive Mapping
    Green Dot Maps
    • Bird watching
    • Camping
    • Dog walking
    • Hiking
    • Horseback riding
    • Hunting
    • Mountain biking
    • Nordic skiing and snowshoeing
    • Trapping
    • Wildlife viewing

    If you are Hunting or Fishing, remember to check all current regulations.

    Activities may include restrictions or require permits. Please see Public Conduct Rules for more information.