Sunnyside-Snake River
Wildlife Area Location

Phillip Buser
2620 North Commercial Ave
Pasco, WA 99301
(509) 545-2028

Wildlife Areas
Sunnyside-Snake River Wildlife Area
McDonald Bridge Unit
The McDonald Bridge unit is located one mile east of Lowden on the Walla Walla River in Walla Walla County. When steelhead are migrating, the two total miles of river frontage provide fishing recreation. Cottonwood, willow, alder and red-osier dogwood are the dominant woody species with reed canary grass being the primary understory species. One site is being restored to native grass cover and another is actively farmed under an agricultural lease. Hunting for upland birds, turkeys, waterfowl and deer is popular.
Viewing Opportunities


  • Birds of Prey
  • Songbirds
  • Upland Birds
  • Waterfowl
  • Mammals

  • Deer
  • Other

  • Reptiles/Amphibians
  • How to Get Here
    Access Site #1
    Driving Directions
    In Walla Walla County, and beginning in Lowden, take Hwy 12 east for about one mile to McDonald Road. Go south on McDonald Road for approx. 0.4 mile, cross the Walla Walla River, and turn left into the parking lot.
    Parking/Restroom Information
    Gravel parking lot. No facilities
    Other Information
    Daylight hours only.
    Unique Features
    Two adjacent parcels provide access to one mile of the Walla Walla River. The unit has diverse riparian zone and wildlife.
    Other Information
    WDFW owns shoreline access for one-half mile upstream, on both sides of the river, plus one-half mile downstream but only on the south bank. Hunting is allowed by archery and shotgun only. Kiosk in parking lot provides additional details.
    Wildlife Area Habitat Conservation Plans
    Weekender Report
    Wildlife Viewing Guides
    Accessing Washington's Outdoors
    Find a Water Access Site
    GoHunt - Interactive Mapping
    Green Dot Maps
    No activities currently listed for this Unit.

    If you are Hunting or Fishing, remember to check all current regulations.

    Activities may include restrictions or require permits. Please see Public Conduct Rules for more information.