Purchase personalized and wildlife background license plates through the Department of Licensing.
There is a three-step process to buy either plate.
For personalized license plates:
- Make sure your proposed plate is available using Licensing search tool.
- Complete a personalized license plate application form.
- Submit your application and fees by mail to: Vehicle Licensing, Department of Licensing, P.O. Box 9909, Olympia, WA 98507-8500. Or submit in person at: King County Licensing Section, 500 4th Ave. #401, Seattle, WA 98104.
For wildlife background license plates:
- Complete an application for a special background license plate and select a wildlife-themed background.
- Contact a vehicle licensing office for a summary of the plate's costs, including fees specific to the vehicle's make and model and the county in which you live.
- Submit your application and fees at a local vehicle licensing office or mail to: Vehicle Licensing, Department of Licensing, P.O. Box 9909, Olympia, WA 98507-8500.
Please be aware that there is a requirement to obtain or purchase a Discover Pass or Vehicle Access Pass to park and use WDFW lands and facilities. Please note that purchasing "Wildlife-Themed License Plates" do not exempt users from this requirement.