For more information on
commercial licensing,
please contact the
WDFW License Division

Monday - Friday
8am - 5pm

360-902-2464 (Option #4)

Salmon Hotline

Salmon Hotline (NOAA)


Open Entry Commercial Licenses:
Wholesale Licenses
These licenses are not limited by moratorium.

    Authorizes the purchasing or selling of steelhead, trout and other anadromous game fish harvested by treaty fishermen lawfully exercising fishing rights.
    Allows the fisherman to land and sell their catch or harvest in Washington state to anyone other than a licensed wholesale dealer within or outside the state. Must have a salmon, crab or sturgeon license to be eligible for this endorsement.
    Authorizes the buying and selling of food fish and shellfish at wholesale as a representative of a wholesale dealer.
    A business engaging in commercial dealing of food fish or shellfish within Washington state, including:
    • Custom canning and/or processing of personal use food fish or shellfish
    • Wholesale buying and/or brokering of food fish or shellfish
    • Commercial manufacturing or preparation of fertilizer, oil, meal, caviar, fish bait or other by-products from food fish or shellfish
    • A business employing a fish buyer

Applications and forms on this website are available in Adobe PDF Format
Hint: to save a PDF to your computer's hard drive, right click on the link and choose
"Save Target As" (Microsoft IE) or "Save Link As" (Firefox)

Get ADOBE Acrobat Reader

Please follow the directions printed on the form, and return your application and appropriate fees to:

Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
600 Capitol Way N.
Olympia, WA 98501-1091
ATTN: License Division