600 Capitol Way North, Olympia, WA 98501-1091
July 12, 2011
Contact: Donny Martorello, (360) 902-2521
Raffle tickets for big-game hunting
permit available through July 22
OLYMPIA – Hunters have until Friday, July 22, to enter the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife’s (WDFW) special big-game hunt raffles for this fall.
Raffle hunts are available for black-tailed deer, mule deer, white-tailed deer, westside elk, eastside elk, California bighorn sheep, moose and mountain goat. Like last year, five multi-species raffle hunts will be available in which hunters can harvest multiple animals.
The multi-species hunt opportunities include:
- A three-deer raffle hunt that allows hunters to harvest a black-tailed deer, a mule deer, and a white-tailed deer.
- A northeast Washington big-game raffle hunt that allows hunters to harvest three of six species, including white-tailed deer, bull elk, moose, cougar, black bear, and turkey.
- A south-central Washington big-game raffle hunt that allows hunters to harvest a bull elk, buck deer, and California bighorn sheep.
- A southeast Washington big-game raffle hunt that allows hunters to harvest four of five species, choosing from white-tailed deer, mule deer, bull elk, cougar and black bear.
- A north-central Washington big-game raffle hunt that allows hunters to harvest three of five species, choosing from white-tailed deer, mule deer, California bighorn sheep, cougar and black bear.
Tickets can be purchased at retail license vendors statewide. By law, they are no longer available online or over the phone.
Hunters can, however, find license vendors, ticket prices and sales to date for specific raffle hunts at http://wdfw.wa.gov/hunting/permits/raffles/.
One winner will be selected for each hunt. Winning raffle tickets will be selected randomly by computer during the last week of July, and winners will be notified by telephone or mail by mid-August.
Raffle tickets for deer, elk, moose and mountain goats are $5.90 each, while a California bighorn sheep ticket costs $11.90. Raffle tickets for multi-species hunts are $16.70 for hunts where three species may be harvested, and $22.10 for hunts in which four species may be harvested.
The winners of each raffle will be allowed to hunt between Sept. 1 and Dec. 31, except hunts for black bear, cougar and turkey. For information on those and other hunt-season dates and hunt areas see pages 76-77 of WDFW’s 2011 Big Game Hunting pamphlet. The pamphlet is posted online at http://wdfw.wa.gov/hunting/.