July 16, 2010
Contact: Donny Martorello, (360) 902-2521
Buy big-game hunt permit raffle tickets by July 23
OLYMPIA – Hunters have until Friday, July 23, to enter the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife’s (WDFW) special big-game hunt raffles for this fall.
Raffle hunts are available for black-tailed deer, mule deer, white-tailed deer, westside elk, eastside elk, California bighorn sheep, moose and mountain goat. New this year are five multi-species raffle hunts, in which hunters can harvest multiple animals.
The multi-species hunt opportunities include:
- A three-deer raffle hunt that allows hunters to harvest a black-tailed deer, a mule deer, and a white-tailed deer.
- A northeast Washington big-game raffle hunt that allows hunters to harvest three of six species, choosing from white-tailed deer, bull elk, moose, cougar, black bear, and turkey.
- A south-central Washington big-game raffle hunt that allows hunters to harvest a bull elk, buck deer, and California bighorn sheep.
- A southeast Washington big-game raffle hunt that allows hunters to harvest four of five species, choosing from white-tailed deer, mule deer, bull elk, cougar and black bear.
- A north-central Washington big-game raffle hunt that allows hunters to harvest three of five species, choosing from white-tailed deer, mule deer, California bighorn sheep, cougar and black bear.
Tickets can be purchased online at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov, by calling 1(866) 246-9453, or at retail license vendors statewide.
One winner will be selected for each hunt. Winning raffle tickets will be selected randomly by computer during the last week of July, and winners will be notified by telephone or mail by mid-August.
Raffle tickets for deer, elk, moose and mountain goats are $5.90 each, while a California bighorn sheep ticket costs $11.90. Raffle tickets for multi-species hunts are $16.70 for hunts where three species may be harvested, and $22.10 for hunts in which four species may be harvested.
The winners of each raffle will be allowed to hunt between Sept. 1 and Dec. 31, except hunts for black bear, cougar and turkey. For information on those and other hunt-season dates and hunt areas see pages 78-79 of WDFW’s 2010 Big Game Hunting Seasons & Rules pamphlet. The pamphlet may be viewed online at http://wdfw.wa.gov/hunting/.