October 13, 2000
Contact: Jim Cummins, (509) 457-9316
Catchable-size trout stocked in south-central Washington year-round lakes
Trout fishing remains good at 17 year-round fishing lakes in Washington's southcentral region, thanks to recent stocking by the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW).
This week WDFW Naches Hatchery crews stocked lakes in Benton, Kittitas, and Yakima counties with almost 16,000 catchable-size rainbow trout. In late September, almost 12,000 catchable-size brown trout were also stocked.
All of the lakes just stocked are open year-round, but Myron and Mud lakes in Yakima County have selective gear rules and a one-fish-per-day catch limit.
Here's where the fish were stocked:
- Columbia Park Family Fishing Pond - 500 rainbows
- Fio Rito South - 300 rainbows, 500 browns
- Fio Rito North - 1,700 rainbows, 2,000 browns
- Hanson, Upper and Lower - 700 rainbows
- Mattoon - 1,135 rainbows, 1,000 browns
- McCabe - 270 rainbows
- Clear - 3,025 rainbows
- I-82 #3 - 500 browns
- I-82 #4 - 2,025 rainbows, 1,800 browns
- I-82 #6 - 1,400 rainbows
- Mud - 250 rainbows
- Myron - 500 rainbows
- Rotary - 1,700 rainbows, 1,300 browns
- Sarge Hubbard - 300 rainbows
- Tim's - 400 rainbows
- Wenas - 1,700 rainbows, 4,500 browns