600 Capitol Way North, Olympia, WA 98501-1091
Archived documents do not reflect current WDFW regulations or policy and may contain factual inaccuracies.
September 03, 1998
Contact: Jeff Weathersby, (360)902-2256
Proposed prospecting rule changes to be discussed in public workshops
OLYMPIA -- The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife will hold five public
workshops in September and October to discuss proposed changes to the state's
mineral prospecting and placer mining rules.
The proposed changes were developed by a group which included mineral
prospectors, WDFW and other state and federal agency staffers as well as interested
citizens in response to a state law passed in 1997.
The proposed changes can be found on the Habitat and Lands page of WDFW's
website at: http://wdfw.wa.gov/
A limited number of printed copies are available by writing to: The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife, Habitat and Lands Services Program, 600 Capitol Way N., Olympia, WA 98501-1091 or by calling (360) 902-2534.
The following public workshops will be held from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.:
- Vancouver: Sept. 21 in Foster Auditorium, Clark College, 1800 E. McLoughlin Blvd.
- Des Moines: Sept. 22 in Building 7, Highline Community College, 2400 S. 240th St.
- Olympia: Sept. 24 in Room 172, Natural Resources Building, 1111 Washington St. SE
- Spokane: Oct. 7 in Lounge A&B, Student Union Building, Spokane Falls Community
College, 3410 W. Fort George Wright Dr.
- Ellensburg: Oct. 8 in the Auditorium, Hal Holmes Community Center, 201 N. Ruby