For additional information,
please contact

Dolores Noyes
FAX: 360-902-2392



2019 Road Access Entry Program
- is now CLOSED -

Pamphlet cover - Hunter and three deer.

Step 1 Download and Read the Road Access Entry Program Booklet
The booklet contains everything you need to know about the Road Access Entry Program in Washington.
Step 2 Entries only accepted
June 1st - July 31st
Step 3 If you are drawn, you must RSVP as directed to hold your opportunity. All selections not RSVP'ed will go to alternates

Other ADA opportunities:
Take a look at other opportunities in Washington available for hunters with disabilities.

Hunting and Viewing Blinds
Go Hunt Interactive Map
Hunting Prospects
Hunting Access
Special Use Permits
PSE Wild Horse Wind Facility

Want to see your artwork on the cover of WDFW's Road Access Entry booklet? Use our online form to submit your work -- created in oils, watercolor, charcoal, digital, or other mediums -- depicting big game in natural settings. Entries close March 15. Learn more >>

The Road Access Entry Program provides access to hunters with lower extremity mobility disabilities into areas with fewer barriers and vehicle distraction.

This is a cooperative effort between the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW), Recreation and Conservation Office (RCO), Department of Natural Resources (DNR), U.S. Forest Service (USFS), private timber companies, and hunters with disabilities.

This is NOT the same as the special permit drawings offered each year in the “Big Game Hunting Seasons and Regulations” booklet. This is NOT a permit drawing for deer or elk tag, doe or cow tag.

If drawn, you will be issued an access special use permit by the land manager allowing you to drive a motorized vehicle into a closed or gated area where other hunters must walk in.  

All areas are:

  • still open to walk-in hunters.
  • open to administrative use by the agency or land manager.
  • subject to logging, fire and emergency closures… etc.

You do NOT have to buy your license or tags first to apply for these Road Access Entry Permits; you only need to be a WDFW registered hunter with a disability and have your Disabled Hunter Wild ID number available.   (This number is on your orange placard).

However, if drawn for a Road Access Entry Permit, you must have all appropriate licenses and tags for the game you are pursuing.

Everyone must follow all state regulations pertaining to hunting.

Qualifying Program Criteria - Hunter with a Lower Extremity Mobility Disability

To apply for this ADA accommodation, you must meet the following criteria:

  1. Have WDFW disability status in good standing, and
  2. Have a permanent non-operable lower extremity mobility impairment, and
  3. WAC 232-413-140(1)(a):  Have been medically prescribed the use of an assistive device every time for mobility, including, but not limited to, a wheelchair, walker, crutch, lower extremity prosthesis, or oxygen bottle, or
  4. RCW 46.19.010(1)(a-j):  Have been issued a DOL disability parking permit,   or
  5. Unable to walk more than 200 feet.
RCW 46.19.010(1)(a-j)    DOL disability parking permit criteria: 

(a)  Cannot walk two hundred feet without stopping to rest;

(b)  Is severely limited in ability to walk due to arthritic, neurological, or orthopedic condition;

(c)  Has such a severe disability that the person cannot walk without the use of or assistance from a brace,  cane, another person, prosthetic device, wheelchair, or other assistive device;

(d)  Uses portable oxygen;

(e)  Is restricted by lung disease to an extent that forced expiratory respiratory volume, when measured by  a spirometer, is less than one liter per second or the arterial oxygen tension is less than sixty mm/hg on  room air at rest;

(f)  Impairment by cardiovascular disease or cardiac condition to the extent that the person's functional limitations are classified as class III or IV under standards accepted by the American heart association;

(g)  Has a disability resulting from an acute sensitivity to automobile emissions that limits or impairs the ability to walk. The personal physician, advanced registered nurse practitioner, or physician assistant of the applicant shall document that the disability is comparable in severity to the others listed in this subsection;

(h)  Has limited mobility and has no vision or whose vision with corrective lenses is so limited that the person requires alternative methods or skills to do efficiently those things that are ordinarily done with sight by persons with normal vision;

(i)  Has an eye condition of a progressive nature that may lead to blindness; or

(j)  Is restricted by a form of porphyria to the extent that the applicant would significantly benefit from a decrease in exposure to light.

How to apply

Application submissions begin the first week of June. You must fill out an official WDFW application form for deer and/or elk and return it to the mailing address below or submit one online by July 31st in order to be eligible for the drawing.

Note:  Only one application form per hunter is allowed. If you submit more than one entry form you will not be able to participate in the drawing and your entry forms will be destroyed.

Please read where the Road Access Areas are located and apply only for those areas you would actually travel to should you be drawn.
If applying for elk, the west side and east side elk tags are different and you must hunt in compliance with your tags and equipment.

Game Management Unit (GMU) numbers for the Road Access Entry Areas are listed at the top of each page for your convenience.


You have up to four (4) Elk and four (4) Deer road choices.  Fill out the submission form with the entry number(s) for the road area(s) you would like to drive into.

Enter the number listed under the “Entry Number” column into the choice box on the submission form. ~ Do not use the "GMU" number ~    If GMU's are entered then the form will be destroyed.

Entry Numbers are separated into two groups:

The “D” is for Deer hunts - Example:  D173
The “E” is for Elk hunts - Example:  E285

Please print your Name, full mailing Address, Telephone number with area code and your Wild ID number (found on your orange placard) clearly onto the form.

Your Wild ID number must appear on the entry form to qualify for the drawing.

If you want to be considered as an alternate, check the “alternate” box. If there are areas left over, wherever possible, we will match unsuccessful hunters with disabilities to an area close to their preferred choices by geographic location.

Mail form to:  WDFW, ADA Access Program Manager, PO Box 43139, Olympia, Washington 98504 and must be post marked by July 31st.


Hunters who have been drawn will be notified no later than August 31st

  • Hunters with disabilities who are “not” drawn will  NOT be notified.

Those who were drawn will receive information including:

  • Congratulation letter
  • The Road Access Entry Area for which they were drawn, and
  • Instructions on how to obtain the entry permit, key, map… etc.

You may be required to visit the land managers office in person at a specific time to pick up a key, sign papers, and leave a check for a key deposit.

Designated Hunting Companion
Hunting areas have different rules about whether the hunter companion can also hunt on their own tag, or must only assist the disabled hunter in the harvest.

Successfully drawn hunters with disabilities and their designated hunting companions must follow the rules of the program while hunting and driving in the permit area. You will receive a list of these rules when you receive your Road Access Entry Permit.

If allowed on the entry special use permit, other non-hunting persons or family members besides your hunting companion may be allowed to accompany the hunter with a disability. Each land manager makes this decision, so check before you go.


All Packet information is available online or by calling the number below.

Entries for the Disabled Hunter Road Access Permit drawing for Deer and Elk must either be submitted online or to the address below by July 31st to be valid.

Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
ADA Access Program Manager
PO Box 43200
Olympia, WA 98504-3200

If you have questions, please contact:

            Dolores Noyés, ADA Access Program Manager at (360) 902-2349

Questions regarding DNR lands should be directed to (360) 902-1375.

Picture of deer

The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) receives federal assistance from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and provides equal access to its programs, services, activities, and facilities under Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and the Architectural Barriers Act of 1968.

The U.S. Department of the Interior and WDFW prohibit discrimination on the bases of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, mental or physical disability, reprisal, sexual orientation, status as a parent, and genetic information. If you believe you have been discriminated against, please contact the WDFW ADA Program Manager, PO Box 43139, Olympia, WA 98504 within 45 calendar days of the alleged incident before filing a formal complaint, or write to: Chief, Public Civil Rights Division, Department of the Interior, 1849 C Street NW, Washington DC 20240.

If you need further assistance or information, please contact the Olympia office of the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife: (360) 902-2349, or Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD), (360) 902-2207.