Recreational Salmon Fishing
Buy Your License Online! Buy Your License Online!

Reporting Your Catch

Catch Record Card Information
The Catch Record Card is an important management tool for estimating the recreational catch of sturgeon, steelhead, salmon, halibut, and Puget Sound Dungeness crab. A catch record card must be in your possession to fish for these species. Washington Administrative Code (WAC 220-56-175, WAC 220-69-236) requires all kept sturgeon, steelhead, salmon, halibut, and Puget Sound Dungeness Crab to be recorded on your Catch Record Card, and requires all anglers to return their Catch Record Card by April 30, or for Dungeness crab by the date indicated on the card, even if nothing is caught or you did not fish.

Voluntary Trip Report (VTR) Program
The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife is working to increase angler participation in our Voluntary Trip Report (VTR) program in all selective Chinook fisheries occurring in the Strait of Juan de Fuca (Areas 5 and 6) and Puget Sound (Areas 7, 8-1, 8-2, 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13). Returned VTR's have been instrumental in providing critical information used by WDFW to maintain and increase salmon fishing opportunities in Puget Sound.