Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife


View Questions by Category

Category Icon Special Hunt Permits & the Weighted Point System
Category Icon Multiple-Season Hunting Permits & Tags

Category » Special Hunt Permits rss button

(Page 1 of 3)      Prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next

There were 51 questions found in this category:

  1. How can I find out special permit drawing results?
    You can find special permit drawing results at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov. Login to your account using your user name and password. After logging in, your profile home page will display. Click on the Special Hunts link on the left of the page to bring up your special permit information, includ ...
  2. How do I find out how many special permit points I have?
    Hunters can view their special permit points online through WDFW's new hunting database. View the hunting database at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov. Hunters will need to create an account with a user name and password. On the database homepage, there are three options. If you already have a user ...
  3. How can I buy and submit special permit applications?
    You can buy special permit appications online at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov, at any license vender, or by calling 1-866-246-9453. You can submit the applications online at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov or by calling 1-877-945-3492.
  4. When will special permit applications go on sale?
    You can find sales dates at our Important Hunting Information Dates page at http://wdfw.wa.gov/hunting/regulations/important_hunting_dates.html. Special permit applications are typically on sale from mid-April to mid-May.
  5. Where can I find the deadlines for submitting special permit applications?
    You can find deadline dates on the Important Hunting Information page at http://wdfw.wa.gov/hunting/regulations/important_hunting_dates.html or in the latest Washington Hunting Seasons and Regulations pamphlet at http://wdfw.wa.gov/hunting/regulations/. The deadline for submitting is typically ...
  6. When will the special permit drawing take place?
    The special permit drawing takes place in mid-June. The results are made available for viewing at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov by the end of June.
  7. When can I check special permit drawing results?
    Special permit drawing results are made available online by the end of June for deer, elk, mountain goat, bighorn sheep, moose, and turkey. Results for spring bear are available in mid-March. You can check the results at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov WDFW mails permits to winning applicants in mi ...
  8. Can I apply for a special permit in the same license year I get a hunter education deferral?
    You cannot apply for most special permits in the same license year. You would be allowed to apply for mountain goat, bighorn sheep, or moose special permits. However, you can only apply for these if submitting Points Option and before you get a hunter education deferral. You can also apply fo ...
  9. I bought an eastern Washington archery elk license and applied for an elk special permit. Since I was not drawn, can I change from archery to muzzleloader or from eastern to western Washington?
    You cannot switch your elk or deer tag after the special permit submission deadline date if you submitted hunt choices for a special permit. You cannot switch from eastern to western (or western to eastern) once the special permit submission deadline has passed. You can only exchange your tag i ...
  10. Can I get a new tag if I harvest an animal with hoof disease?
    Since all evidence to date indicates that the meat of elk with hoof disease is not affected by the condition, WDFW will not provide replacement tags.
  11. How can I build special permit points if I cannot hunt this year?
    If you cannot hunt this year, use the Points Option hunt choice to build your special permit points. You cannot draw a permit when you submit Points Option. Instead, you earn one point for each category to improve your chance in future drawings. Check the Special Permit Application Instructions ...
  12. How do I apply as the group leader for a special permit group application? How do I apply as a group member?
    To apply as the group leader, choose the "Group Leader" option when you go to submit your application. Enter the WILD ID for each group member you wish to add to the group, then validate each entry for accuracy. Any person you wish to add to the group must have the correct corresponding license ...
  13. How do I submit my hunter report if my special permit hunt dates overlap the general season?
    Please do not double report your hunting activity. You want to report your harvest only under the correct category. For example, if your deer special permit overlaps the general season dates for the same Game Management Unit (GMU), you will have opportunity to harvest under either category (you ...
  14. I bought a special permit application. Do I need to wait until I receive something in the mail before I can submit my hunt choices?
    You do not have to wait. You will not receive any mail for buying an application. You can submit your application right after you buy it. You can submit special permit applications online at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov or by phone at 1-877-945-3492.
  15. How can I check that I submitted my special permit application correctly?
    You can check that your special permit was submitted corractly online at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov You can check hunt choices, look up confirmation numbers, and more. If you need assistance with fixing a mistake, you can contact the Licensing Division by email at licensing@dfw.wa.gov or by ph ...
  16. How do I update my contact information?
    You can update your mailing address, phone number, or email in one of three ways: 1. Online at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov 2. At a License Vendor 3. Over the phone by calling WDFW Licensing at (360) 902-2464
  17. I drew a bighorn sheep, moose, or mountain goat special permit in the past. Can I still enter the raffle permit hunt or big game permit auction for that same species?
    You would be allowed to enter the raffle permit hunt or big game permit auction. You can still enter even if you harvested a bighorn sheep, moose, or mountain goat during your special permit hunt. The once-in-a-lifetime restriction for those species applies to certain special permits. You cou ...
  18. Why can I not buy or submit my special permit application?
    Special permit applications are available to purchase from mid-April to mid-May each year. Before buying a deer, elk, bear, or turkey special permit application, you must first buy a license and tag for that species. Mountain goat, bighorn sheep, or moose special permits work differently. You ...
  19. Do I increase my odds if I apply for a special permit with a group instead of on my own?
    Special permit group applications average category points for all group members. Group members with fewer points benefit, increasing their odds from the higher group average, while group members with a higher point total may be negatively impacted. For example, say you have a group of three su ...
  20. If I apply with a group, how many points does our group application enter with for the special permit drawing?
    Group applications average the category points for all group members. For example, say you have a group of three submit a Quality Elk special permit. You have three Quality Elk points, a second member has five points, and the third member has four points. In this case, your application enters t ...
(Page 1 of 3)      Prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next