Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife


Which type of HPA is best for me?

  • The Gold and Fish pamphlet lists the rules that you must follow when you conduct certain typical small scale mineral prospecting or placer mining activities, and also authorizes the activities it describes. So if you can follow the location, timing, equipment, and method restrictions listed in the pamphlet, the pamphlet serves as your HPA.
  • If you want approval for different locations, timing, equipment, or methods than the pamphlet authorizes, you must apply to WDFW for an individual written HPA.

Related Questions

No related questions were found.


No attachments were found.

Question Details

Last Updated
22nd of February, 2012