Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife


After I get all my permits, can I prospect or mine anywhere I want to?

No. You must follow the location restrictions outlined in the Gold and Fish pamphlet or individual HPA. Not all waters of the state are always open to prospecting or mining. In addition, HPAs issued by WDFW or permits issued by other agencies do not authorize trespass on public or private property, or on existing mining claims. You must obtain permission from the land owner or claim holder before conducting any work on a site.

Related Questions

No related questions were found.


No attachments were found.

Question Details

Last Updated
22nd of February, 2012