Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife


How do I become a licensed wildlife rehabilitator?

Anyone wishing to possess injured native wildlife and/or practice wildlife rehabilitation must obtain a permit from WDFW. A wildlife rehabilitator permit authorizes a person to temporarily possess injured, diseased, oiled, or abandoned wildlife for the purpose of wild release. Individuals must meet several requirements to obtain this permit. See WDFW's webpage at http://wdfw.wa.gov/conservation/health/rehabilitation/how_to_become.html for more information on how to become a wildlife rehabilitator.

Those who work with native migratory birds must also have a US Fish and Wildlife Service migratory bird rehabilitation permit.

Related Questions


No attachments were found.

Question Details

Last Updated
29th of January, 2016