Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife


How do I report a threatening or dangerous animal?

  • If your report deals with an emergency dangerous-wildlife incident or dangerous wildlife interaction with people, dial 911 or local Washington State Patrol.

    Be prepared to answer the following questions:
    • What type of animal is involved in the incident you are reporting.
    • The time of the incident.
    • The last known location of the animal.
  • You can contact the WDFW Enforcement Dispatch Center (WILDCOMM) at (360) 902-2936.
  • You can also contact your local WDFW Regional Office during normal work hours (numbers can be found on the WDFW website and in regulation pamphlets).
  • For non-emergency dangerous wildlife observations, call WDFW toll-free at 1-877-933-9847 (1-877-WDFW-TIP).
  • Wolf sightings may be reported online.

Related Questions


No attachments were found.

Question Details

Last Updated
9th of March, 2012